MSD 2 Step Rev-Limiter install?Help!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I bought a MSD 2 step rev-limiter from a racing buddy for $30.Problem is no instructions to wire up?I have MSD 6AL box already,how do I hook this up?Car is a stroked 340(372)4 speed with 4.10,s.Any help would be appreaciated.What RPM should I set at for launch?Thanks.

Never mind guys.I went out to the garage and had a look,there,s 1 red,1 black then the rest plugs into the pill plug on the 6AL box.On the side of the limiter is 2 pill locations,1for first step and 2 for the second step.Duh!!Looks easy to hookup!Thanks anyway!

Cayuga 001.jpg

Cayuga 002.jpg

instructions are available at msd...

tried to upload it but says it is too big

sort of, how would I use it with an auto?
Do you have a MSD system in your car?If not,you can,t use it!If you have an MSD system,it has rpm limit pills that you can change.The MSD system saves your engine from over-revving,also gives out multi-spark!Example..reving to 5000rpm in first gear,if you rev over this it will cut out certain cyl. and let you know to backoff.Therefore saving you from overrevving and spinning bearings or other engine damage.Not the best explanation,but I hope you,ve learned it,s use?

sort of, how would I use it with an auto?

get a mallory hyfire 6 digital box and you wont have to worry about any analog pills and such...if you already run analog then go this route with the msd two step, but if not avoid the hassle of pills go digital

but how is this different than using a regular 6al with the rev limiter

so it helps with first gear and final? but what if I want to shift at the same rpm in all gears? Im just trying to figure out why I would need It, If im going to shift at the same rpm in each gear

there are 2 steps and 3 steps available..

1 step for limiting rpm in burn out...

2 step for limiting rpm on starting while using a transbrake or clutch while foot is on the floor.

3 step for limiting rpm at finish line or if a driveline part break while your foot is on the floor.

module plugs into rev limiter on msd 6al

can use single chips with rpm on them...or msd make module with adjustable rpm on rotory dial...

i have single chip on burn out and high side rpm....use rotory dial for adjusting starting line rpm..

-
Back