Mustang rims on an A body

-

SixFourDart

Reaction score
I am looking into putting 17 inch Mustang rims on my cuda. Does anyone have any info I might need, as far as clearance?? Or pics would help also. :help:

I think that the the wheel center needs to be made bigger to fit on the axle stub.

46ad.jpg
This is a 03 Cobra wheel with a 275/40-17. These are off the rear of my Fox Body Stang.

eca1.jpg
This is a rear shot of test fitting some brake options. The caliper and rotor are again from my Mustang, prior to installation on that car. The bracket is from a aerospace engineering kit that i was disatisfied with so is the hub which you can't see here that well. I have since made new billet alluminum brackets for the calipers with holes that line up properly.

eb48.jpg
Here is the corresponding front shot to the previous one. This is with the aforementioned hub. You can get those calipers from Ford Racing without the word Cobra. I have yet to find a place that sells them cheaper.

7ff1.jpg
This shot is the tire to fender lip clearance, as you can see rolling of the fender lips is probably optional but reccomended

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_hr_1926328/983c/__hr_/796d.jpg?grAaXKEBWlfdfgYs Finally this shot shows how the Mustang wheel will not sit flat on the mounting pad of the rotor indicating what CONVX4 was speaking of. Since I'm using a slightly different setup this has become a non issue for me. However to solve this on a friends car we took the rotor off and knocked the studs out and took it to the dealership where I used to work (left on good terms) and I used the brake lathe to machine down the lip that's on the factory rotor this allowed the wheel to fit. There is marginal clearancing needed here, I think we reduced the diameter of the lip by .100, but I can't remember now.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

-
Back