My 67 Formula S Resto. thread

-
The last two days I have trying to figure out the rear seat.I must have had the rear seat in and out 15 times.Well the only way I see to do it is to move the seat foward.So I am making some brackets to move the seat foward.I have one done,so the other should not take me as long to make.I also welded the last bracket to the tub.

Jim

Attachments

• seat bracket 001.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 842
  • seat bracket 002.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 848
Great work. I've got to do tubs on my 67 Barracuda. I'll also be keeping a close watch on the progress. Cant wait to see what you do about the rear seat. Keep up the great work and the pics. They give inspiration to the rest of us. These pics are so neat you make it look easy, but I know the thought and effort that has gone into this.
Cheers Mate

I block sanded the wheel tub.Then I primed it again along with the inside of the tub.Now I am getting ready to prime the bottom of the roof,rear door panels and some of the rear window channel.

Jim

Attachments

• S roof 007.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 833
  • S roof 006.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 839
  • S roof 005.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 799
  • S roof 004.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 799
  • S roof 003.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 810
  • S roof 001.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 825
Awesome work there....keep on working and your gonna be real happy with the outcome....beautiful no doubt.

Mop

i too will be following how the rear seat works out. i would love to mini tub mine, but dont know how to keep the rear seat.....keep the pics coming, i'm inspired by your awesome work...=D>

I am going ahead and stripping to top of the roof also.I sanded the bottom side of the roof alot more.Primer tomorrow,pics coming soon...

Its primed.Next I am goingto take off the drivers side quarter panel and then start on that wheel tub.

Jim

Attachments

• form roof 004.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 806
  • form roof 005.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 781
  • form roof 008.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 752
Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at you go, and some top notch A 1 work
Looking great, and I see many man hours being put to good use :glasses7:
I hope to be freshening these up REAL soon... Thank you for a very helpful thread that Victoria and I will be using, mud and rust free

Attachments

• March%202012%201966%20parts%20003.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 679
Thanks Mike, I am out of money and supplies so I lost my motivation right now.But I have the next 4 days off work, and since I can not go to MMW I am going to try and get the passenger quarter panel off over the next few days.Then I can work on the tub.The tub won't cost much,more time than anything.
I think new quarters will have to wait until next spring.I will be so happy to get this car into paint one day.
Jim

About the same here, no cash to even buy sand paper and primer
I will miss MMW this year, but maybe you and I can show our A bodies there next year
Enjoy your time off Jim, and I hope mother nature is good to you on your time away from work
I may go fishing :glasses7:

Hey Jim,
Hope all is well, Can you believe AMD came out with trunk drop offs for 125 apop. Guess Im gonna redo mine. oh well
Andy

I have not touched the car since Aug. Out of money,materials,and motivation.I will have about 4 weeks with out no work so I will get back on it then.

Jim

I am trying to get back into it.I worked on it a little today.I have the week after Thanksgiving off so I plan on working on the other wheel tub then.

Jim

I have this week off so I am tring to get a little done to the Formula.I welded the rear bumper support brackets back into the trunk pan.I had to remove these when I replaced the trunk pan.

Attachments

• bri blu dress 027.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 576
One small thing a day will get the job finished.

That's the only way I made it through the Fat Blu Fish and the Rat Rod build.

I'm doing it with my wife's 69 vert as we speak.

One small thing a day and pat yourself on the back once in a while.

It's a huge undertaking to do these cars and there's no shame in taking a break once in a while.

Mop

I had to remove the trunk latch support also when I replaced the trunk pan.I got it welded back in also.One more week of work and then I am laid off for a week so I hope to get a little more done then.

I started this project 20 months ago and expected to have to car in paint in 12-16 months.Now my goal is to have the complete shell in primer by spring and two new quarters on it by mid summer. I just turned 43 and unless I sell my Road Runner I think I will be 50 Before the car is finished.Now I have the time and no money...LOL

Jim

I'm sure there are lots of little parts that cost nothing but time to restore.

Back it down to the little things and give your wallet a much deserved break.

Mop

Looking good.

Attachments

• 100_4705w.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 435
-
Back