My boy's first Mopar!

-
Hi Carey , Thanks ... PM me and let me know when you are gonna be around , I definitely wanna come see that pretty new paint ... and pick your brain about the chrome shop you used .

Today was a good day . Vaughn completed the plug welding of his AMD floor ( see Locumob he did learn to weld !) and we raised the car off the floor jacks with the new Whirlyjig rotisserie ! Tomorrow we remove the old 7 1/4 rear axle .
0709171618g.jpg

0709171619.jpg

0723171753_HDR.jpg

0723171753a_HDR.jpg

Also I sold the 66 Ranchero , seen in the Road trip pics , for a profit yesterday which will go toward the
duster resto . Things are finally coming together !

Today was a good day . Vaughn completed the plug welding of his AMD floor ( see Locumob he did learn to weld !) and we raised the car off the floor jacks with the new Whirlyjig rotisserie ! Tomorrow we remove the old 7 1/4 rear axle .
View attachment 1715073569
View attachment 1715073570
View attachment 1715073574
View attachment 1715073575
Also I sold the 66 Ranchero , seen in the Road trip pics , for a profit yesterday which will go toward the
duster resto . Things are finally coming together !
i am so pleased to see someone as young as your son getting into the car hobby. makes my day. all you two need now is a couple of our club t-shirts and to send me some of those great zawollie tomalies. i worked in s'port from 1981 till 1993 for general motors. i really miss louisiana. oh yeah the shirts are 15.00 ea plus shipping. we also have hoodies and beannies. hoodies are 25.00 and the beannies are 12.00.

023.JPG

024.JPG

001.JPG

great project and you have to be very proud of your son, I have friends from Ponchatoula, Rod is a pipeline welder

Thanks guys .. I'm proud of the work he's getting done now , I think it's finally sinking in to his head that the only way this car will get done is if he gets in the garage and works ... there's no APP for that.
Bigus , I don't know how long it will be before I can get that x-member for you ... I haven't figured out where I want to put the car for dismantling yet ... once I start pulling axles and such it is going to be a lawn ornament for a while .
I will be sure to send some Zwolle Tamales with it though .

just returned from offshore , salvaged a platform that was downed in hurricane Ike . Ordered some goodies from US car Tool ( chassis stiffening kit) , which should be here in a couple days . One of the items in the kit is the radiator support brace ...which got me to looking at the one in the car now ... Our car came with a slant six and so it has a small radiator opening ... we will be upgrading to a V8 and obviously would benefit from a larger radiator . We have a parts car that had a 26" radiator from the factory that I could remove the radiator brace from . Any advice on swapping out the braces ? where to drill spot welds etc .? we will be welding in the sub frame connectors and torque boxes later this week , just wanted some input on the radiator before I tore into it ... any recommendations on the Radiator itself? Probably will add A/C to this car before it's over with too. Rich

-
Back