My new early A body

-

NodakDuster

Reaction score
Well, the A body bug has bitten me again. I am about 2/3 through my Duster build and I happened upon this little Dart while out working in the oil fields. It is solid underneath but has had some cutting done to the rear quarters. I am unfamiliar with the early A bodies but this one caught my eye and I ended up getting it for a fair price. I know the headlight and taillight bezels are going to suck to find. Over all though I think it will be a fun build. I plan to wedge a 340 I have into it some day. For now she will be cleaned up and put back up on new tires and stored inside.

540BE524-29C5-4968-B7EA-73260566A5AF_zpslhykwf52.jpg

35266EFC-58E6-4D58-9D83-CF664CED9DE2_zps9e28deax.jpg

7FCE8C7A-423C-4927-AFD4-07BA9D9BEF35_zps9shjij5t.jpg

5F721127-202A-413F-8EC1-2B6DB081C656_zpszesowj6e.jpg

Nice project, doesn't look to bad of shape.

What's does it have for running gear in her now?

I have a nice undamaged grill for your car. Pics are in my ad in the parts for sale.

Nice project, doesn't look to bad of shape.

What's does it have for running gear in her now?
Thanks everyone! I pm'd you furyus2.

Not sure what size engine. The day I stopped the owner was not around and I didn't want to start poking around too much. I was mainly interested in the body as I figured I would replace the engine anyway. I know it has the push button auto in it. Over all I think it is a pretty solid start. Should be a fun addition and something new to learn about. I am sure I will be bugging you guys about things as they pop up!

congrats Flat black is a theme among those older cars!!

removed my pic-- it seemed to be causing confusion!!

Good luck on your new ride!! Lawrence

Is it a 63? 64 was the first year of V-8's, thus an easier install. For 63, you must dent in the firewall for V-8 distributor clearance. However, if you went w/ crank-triggered distributor-less ignition maybe not. Also not w/ a big block, but a really tight fit.

If these pix are all of the same car, I think what you have is Vart; or maybe a Daliant. The front clip is Valiant, and the rear is dart. Likely a Canadian car unless somebody has done some mods.

If these pix are all of the same car, I think what you have is Vart; or maybe a Daliant. The front clip is Valiant, and the rear is dart. Likely a Canadian car unless somebody has done some mods.

No Valiant parts on that car, all Dodge Dart.

I don't think it'll be too bad finding the bezels, as I recently saw a nice set on ebay for only 700.00 :D

That sucks.
Hope you can find a much better deal than that.

I could never find a nice 64 when I was looking. And a post car to boot!

I don't think it'll be too bad finding the bezels, as I recently saw a nice set on ebay for only 700.00 :D

That sucks.
Hope you can find a much better deal than that.

I actually bought a very nice driver quality set for $ 150.00 from a member here. Just have to keep your eyes peeled and be prepared to jump when they become available at a great price.I was planning to straighten the beat up ones I had and paint them body color until I found mine.

great looking car. hope you can find nice bezels. I have a 66 and the bezels are hard to find. Ive been told you can rework them and make them nice again but it takes lots of hours of work. Best of luck
Rod

Just to be clear I was speaking about the headlight bezels..Thank God my Tail lights were in very good condition.Those are extremely hard to find.If you can at all I would snap up those tail light bezels in a heartbeat even if they have to set for a while.That's a great deal.

Thanks guys! I really like the looks of it. I bought that one 64 bezel you posted Clroads. I had one but needed the other. Now on to the headlight bezels and the taillight lenses!

That thing sucks its absolutely horrible!!! However I could take it off your hands if you needed me to...... hah

Sweet car man, welcome to the club!!! Their neat little cars to build, you would be surprised to find what you can do with them, despite the engine compartment being a bit narrow.

I have a 65 Valiant that has all 72ish Duster parts under it. Disk Brakes big bolt pattern, 8 3/4 sure grip. Lots of possibilities, especially with the later A-bodies going up in price, these are still reasonable. Classic Industries has a lot of stuff...... I am thinking of putting power windows in mine, they actually make a kit.

Be mindful of the transmission shifter linkages that year, only real weak point.

Again, Welcome.

Thanks everyone! I am going to go pick it up next weekend. I am in Winslow, AZ tonight on my way home with a 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst I bought. Long trip from ND to AZ and back lol!

the Hurst. years back there was a guy in K C that collected them. he had like 5 or 6 of them! only ones I have ever seen.

maybe when your headed back to Az a cold front ( 6o mph wind) will be blowing out of the North!!??? LOL

-
Back