Need help

-

1968mopar

Reaction score
I have a 68 barracuda. What's the best rear end to put in her. This was my first muscle car and I'm trying to do her right please help thanks in advance

IMG_1099.JPG

I've always used 8 3/4 can handle just about anything you put in front of it..

Nice.First question,How much money you got to spend? If money is not a issue there are several companies that can sell you a complete bolt in done in a day job.

Nice.First question,How much money you got to spend? If money is not a issue there are several companies that can sell you a complete bolt in done in a day job.
Looking to spend about 2,000

Second question what do you plan on putting in front of it powerwize??..

Second question what do you plan on putting in front of it powerwize??..
It sure yet again this is my first muscle car build I don't know much and I feel like the person I'm having me help on the car is taking advantage of me due to my lack of knowledge

Sound like you need to step back for a moment. Do some search's on your own. Read,read,and read some more.Learn first,spend later. Looks like your car is very nice as it is.Don't be in a hurry if it is still a running and driving car.
I just noticed you are new here.(guess I should read first !) Welcome to the site.You will learn allot here.

Sound like you need to step back for a moment. Do some search's on your own. Read,read,and read some more.Learn first,spend later. Looks like your car is very nice as it is.Don't be in a hurry if it is still a running and driving car.
I just noticed you are new here.(guess I should read first !) Welcome to the site.You will learn allot here.
You're right thanks

You're right thanks
Yeah, what Darter6 said, search this site and READ. Check out what people are selling(and NOT selling) & what it is generally going for, there are a lot of options. Those are
pretty cool rollers on the coupe, so I assume You may already have 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern, unless adapters are involved. Take pics & post 'em, We can tell You what You've
got or not, rear-wise etc.....................Welcome to FABO!!!

Yeah, what Darter6 said, search this site and READ. Check out what people are selling(and NOT selling) & what it is generally going for, there are a lot of options. Those are
pretty cool rollers on the coupe, so I assume You may already have 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern, unless adapters are involved. Take pics & post 'em, We can tell You what You've
got or not, rear-wise etc.....................Welcome to FABO!!!
We got to blowing 8 3/4 rears every other week end, they will not take "anything you can throw at them!" if your going to go w/ some serious h.p., put a dana 60 in it and you won`t have to worry about it . I bought one shortened 1'', w/ disc brakes, 3:73 gears, and a Detroit locker for 2 grand, w/ the spring perches welded on per my specs, for my current ride. It is a cut down truck rear end w/o the pad for a pinion snubber, but who cares if your running caltracs.?

We got to blowing 8 3/4 rears every other week end, they will not take "anything you can throw at them!"

If your refering to my statement I said" they would take just ABOUT anything you put in front of it"..of coarse if your building 800 h.p. motor then a Dana would be the route to go..that being said seen plenty of guys running in the nines with a properly built 8 3/4..

-
Back