New member formula S 1966

-
New fuel pump installed, had to blow out the lines couldn't get gas to flow. I placed the electric fuel pump to run the car out of a jug, then siphoned the extension fuel line from the pump then walahhhh fuel was pumping into another jug, what a lot of crud came out ran the car until cleared 2 gallons. Replaced the line to the new filter back to the carb. Starts on the first turn of the key!
Today going through the brakes...........

Replace the rubber hose in the fuel line if you haven't already. The one from the fuel tank to the line is a problem that most people don't think about.

Yes thank you"T" did all the fuel rubber lines.... working well now, I'm working on the a/ C control switch now the vacuum nipples on the back are broken, ....???

IMG_0364.JPG
Ok today ran the car out of fuel, gauge still reads just below 1/4 of a tank. I have read of others with the same ole problem. Thinking to adjust by a needle bend?
Or king on A/C unit now fixed all vacuums going to check the heat valve for leaks it does operate on the vacuum. System still has a small charge of pressure inside very surprised.
Was unable to locate the correct resistor but was able to make a similar match from an imperial resistor. Blower motor has been bench tested and works well also fan switch tested on low and high current on both ends. Resistor removed was toast. Also purchased new fan speed switch located on top of ac box next to the resistor. Compressor clutch engages when turned on purchased a new controller, just to ensure everything is operational with minimal failure. Fingers crossed.

Those a/c units work well...at night you'll have it on low and make your teeth chatter, all the metal inside the car will chill.

One of my 66 Barracudas seems to be an oddball. It is a 76000 original miles PA car that was only driven 4 years, still has 1970 PA plate and inspection sticker on it, but the salt took out the entire driver side. I have all the sheetmetal, full Arizona quarters, decklid, fenders and drivers door to restore it. Now that I am semi re-tired I will get to it! I decoded the build plate be- cause it is a 273 2bbl. 4 speed car with disc brakes, in dash tack like the Formula S and a woodgrain steering wheel. All the codes say this is all factory installed. You read about unique option cars all the time, this one kinda ranks up there!

Could you send me a New York pizza? I don't believe the guys that name their business New York style pizza here have ever been to New York.

Just now catching up on the last couple of weeks of your thread. That undercoating did a nice job protecting the floor pans!! Great job on the tank replacement. It certainly needed a new sending unit, lol. I think all these aftermarket units are crap, I know mine is. I can live with it showing empty when I still have 1/4 tank!

Oh...and yes, I love me some good pie! My wife loves thin crust, but she wants it crispy but I gotta have the floppy crust. Ya know, fold it in half longways and munch!! Dang, I'm hungry now!!

Daily stripping of parts car great wire harness good for what I need a lot of melted ends on mine due to blower resistor, fan switch, air condition. Now I have just about everything needed except the jack hook and base plate. I will be at the englishtown swap meet with a lot of parts removed.

Wish I could make it up your way for a visit. I don't see that in the foreseeable future though. Enjoy your pie, and your day.

Interesting, was cleaning the seat belts and observed the date of 1965 on the belts then compared them to my parts car seat belts also retractable a noticeable difference. And they are the original ones must have used what was available or the newer belts were not yet available. I guess because my car was built November 30 1965

Good to see you making progress, haven't heard from you in a while

Purchased PUI seat upholstery, just installedgrrrrrrrrrr not happy should have ordered New foam.
Has wrinkles in the bolsters and I used the old foam that looked and felt great. Pictures to follow. I removed the seat covers from the rear seat and found they had glued foam to the original covers then installed homemade seat covers. I removed the covers and cleaned all the glue off the look great.

-
Back