new shop build

-

red67gts

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to do this but maybe it might be of interest. I will post a few pics at the time and if anyone wants to see a particular part of it I can post more pics. I wanted to build something to match my house since it is next to it, 70 feet in between. Any questions I will be glad to try to answer, Joe

Attachments

• Camera 070.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,350
  • Camera 171.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Camera 173.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,289
  • Camera 178.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,296
  • Camera 180.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,285
here are some more

Attachments

• Camera 193.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 1,251
  • Camera 191.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Camera 190.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Camera 188.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,215
a few showing power ran underground and putting on decking

Attachments

• Camera 197.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • Camera 196.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Camera 170.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,202
a few more as it progressed

Attachments

• Camera 199.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,143
  • Camera 202.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Camera 204.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,215
Looks excellent...Im jealous. Whats the overall dimensions? I like the roof line also..do they call something specific?

O My Goodness!!!!!!! Congratulations :cheers:
You aced the look :cheers::cheers:

I couldn't find any plans like I wanted so had to draw it myself and then get a kid that did drafting to put it to scale. The overall diminsions are 36 wide by 40 deep. Since it is so close to my house I wanted the roof and trim to match. The roof is 12/12 pitch then dropping to 5/12. I was trying to get my height for a lift in center bay so that is reason for having my trusses built like a tray ceiling. I dug trenches with backhoe where the lift will go for extra support and footer all the way around and deeper in front of doors. Poured the slab then had blocked laid three blocks high. In the slab I put J bolts for anchors then put couplings on them and cut all thread rod long enough to bolt pressure treated 2"X8" plate on top of blocks. I poured the cells in blocks with concrete when I poured front apron to connect my existing driveway before starting with wood. So my wood is attached directly into the slab. More photos.

Attachments

• Camera 241.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Camera 244.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,142
  • Camera 245.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,159
LOVE IT!!! I want a shop that big too!!! Brings a tear to my eye :')

Found the french doors at Lowe's for $250 so just framed to fit the upstairs storage space which is 11'6" X 40' and needed access from outside and was lucky enough to find these steel and concrete stairs that were taken out from UA. Treads are 42" wide and these suckers probably weigh 10,000 lbs.

Attachments

• Camera 247.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Camera 253.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,074
Joe, that's absolutely beautiful! Thanks for telling me about it when we talked ... it's really a showpiece and a great place to work in. How's it coming along inside?

WOW Impressive!! You swinging the hammers or hire a contractor? Either way its beautiful! Interior pics??

thats my kinda shop that things big enuf id move into the upstairs,nnnnniiiiiccccceeeee

Very nice! Congrats....Will you doing a man cave upstairs?

thanks for all the kind words of approval. The upstairs will only be for storage as of now. I am going to hold up on the inside for now and kinda catch my breath. I wanted to finish outside then work on inside when I decide exactly how much work I plan on doing in there. I expoxied the floors using Sherwin-Williams material. Also all wiring is complete with lights. I wired it for another Eaton compressor to set under the stairs in back since the are solid and it would be sheltered and sitting on the concrete pad. I also have a 250 gal propane tank I can put back there and use wall heaters. I still need to insulate and either sheetrock, wood and maybe some pegboard? I live by myself so my whole house is my mancave,Joe

Those stairs have concrete about 2" thick on all the treads and landing. I bought them with legs cut off. I had them laying on ground on about a 45 degree and it was a chore to line the legs up and weld them back on straight working by myself. When I got ready to set them I got a friend to come run my trackhoe on the tall end and I was on backhoe on other end. Didn't even knock the building down. If I didn't have the equipment I would have had to rent a crane, Joe

worked hard to get to where I am, my wife was killed in auto accident in 1993 so after I got kids grown I went into excavating business for myself and was very blessed to have had more work than I could do and got paid every dime I worked for and lots of them gave me tips up one guy gave me a $600 tip on a 2 day job. He made me take it because I saved him at least $2500. I retired a year ago and decided to do some stuff for myself that I have been putting off, Joe

-
Back