new shop build

-
worked hard to get to where I am, my wife was killed in auto accident in 1993 so after I got kids grown I went into excavating business for myself and was very blessed to have had more work than I could do and got paid every dime I worked for and lots of them gave me tips up one guy gave me a $600 tip on a 2 day job. He made me take it because I saved him at least $2500. I retired a year ago and decided to do some stuff for myself that I have been putting off, Joe

My hat is off to you Joe.

So sorry for your loss in '93.

Tony

Sounds like everything is working out well, and the shop is beautiful. Like the design.

Grant

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your wife.
I'm living vicariously through you as I watch your garage being finished. Please continue to share pictures with us!

Jim

here is few more in final stages

Attachments

• DSC02114.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 587
  • DSC02115.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 646
  • DSC02122.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 674
I went with 10' wide doors with the outside ones 8' high and center is 10' high. I used rollup drum doors so as to not get in way of lift. I plan on putting a 4 post 12 or 14,000 lb that is 120" between post

Attachments

• DSC02190.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 601
  • DSC02191.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 634
  • DSC02189.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 634
Dude, those trusses are bad ***! How high to the bottom of the center truss?

Good move on the roll up door for lift space.....look forward to the progress pics.

Now you need to get some members to send you an assload of cool stuff to hang on your walls.

Really nice set up, Joe! Nice to see it done right. Good to hear you are enjoying some of that hard earned cash.

Sorry to hear about your wife passing. That was a tough one, no doubt.

Like to see some pictures of your cars as well if you find the time.

Keep the garage pictures coming! Enjoying the build.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC06824.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 637
I have a 2 post lift down in one of my other shops but it is about 1/4 mi from house. Also my welders and torches are down there to do the heavy stuff. My service truck has tools which is handy for storage and mobility. It is what I used in my farming and excavating business. This shop may wind up being more as a garage and tuning. The GTS seems to like it, Joe

Attachments

• DSC02192.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 638
Farmer also. Man after my own heart. I work for CNH (CaseIH & New Holland). I have a small hobby farm as well. Was driving tractors way before it was legal for me to drive a car.

Very nice looking Dart.

Ma Snart

Harvesting a little corn one fall

Attachments

• IMG_2177.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 611
Farmer also. Man after my own heart. I work for CNH (CaseIH & New Holland). I have a small hobby farm as well. Was driving tractors way before it was legal for me to drive a car.

Very nice looking Dart.

Ma Snart

Harvesting a little corn one fall
I have a CIH 7150 Magnum, 215 hp I pull dirt pan with. Strong tractor, Joe

I have a CIH 7150 Magnum, 215 hp I pull dirt pan with. Strong tractor, Joe

If maintained properly, those 1st gen Magnums will go forever. I saw one in Argentina that had done only one job it's entire life - pulling a 5 shank deep till ripper. One of the highest draft loads you can have (although pulling a dirt pan ranks right up there). It had 21000 hours on the tractor and had never been touched except for normal service.

Unfortunately, as I have learned in 30 years of the farm machinery business, very few customers are very good at proper maintance.

Ma Snart

My latest buy - a IH 986 - My first cab tractor - My bones are taking longer and longer to warm up after setting on an open station tractor moving snow, ect.

Attachments

• DSC06595.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 583
here are some pics of upstairs storage room. When we were designing trusses, the first design was built out of all 2x4's with x bracing and no attic space so then I asked why we couldn't get attic space and he put everything back in his computer program and came up with this design. Now the rafter are made out of 2x8 and price was only $500 more. Cheapest storage I could get, really a no brainer, Joe

Attachments

• DSC02197.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 593
  • DSC02198.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 589
  • DSC02199.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 613
those last pics shows the 2x8 rafters, I am having a hard time posting this morning as I am babysitting my 2 year old granddaughter and she likes all my attention

Ma snart, that is a very nice and clean 986. I always wanted a 1086 when I was farming beans and wheat. Now I just do hay and only in big rolls. I need to get a picture of my contraption I have to use one tractor to rake and bale in one pass. I mounted a V-rake on front end loader on my 101 hp John Deere and bale with Vermeer 554XL. This setup lets me do everything myself and not have to depend on anybody.

Awesome garage.. I have been trying to save up for my build, 4 teenagers, 1 - 6 yr old, and 2 ex wifes have slowed me down.. I have been waiting 20+ years to build...And hope I can break ground this spring.. I grew up pretty poor, Single Mom worked 2 jobs for her 4 kids..Always wanted my own garage..Congrats on your build..

yea I know about growing up poor. My Mother would lead us six kids into the feed store and let us pick out which sacks of hog feed to buy because when they were emptied she would make our shirts and clothes out of them. Makes you appreciate what you earn later in life. Probably why I still have the 67 GTS in the pictures, it was my first car. The dually is a 1998 and only reason I have it is because the F-5 tornado I went through in 98 totaled my 1994 just like this one. I never had anything handed to me.Joe

-
Back