New toolbox

-

qkcuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and picked up a new toolbox. This one is a 42 inch as compared to my old 24 inch Craftsman. Looking forward to getting all my tools in one place.

New toolbox 1.jpg

New toolbox 2.jpg

Old toolbox.jpg

I have looked at those at Costco and they are real nice and I almost pulled the trigger on a set, but ended up purchasing a HF lower roller so I could use some of my old boxes on top. Sure is nice to have room to fit my tools. The one great thing about Costco as I am sure you are aware is they will pretty much take anything back if there is any problem - my brother law returned a gas lawnmower back that he had used and probably abused for three years due to some starting issue (prob bad gas!)

I'll have to let you know once I get everything transferred over. The drawer slides are supposed to be rated at 100 lbs., which is as much as any of the others I looked at were rated. I did a lot of research before buying, and this one seemed like the best value for the money. This thing is built like a tank. The bottom weighed 250 lbs. and the top weighed 150 lbs. Not to mention, I really like the black wrinkle finish!

IMG_3992.JPG

I'll have to let you know once I get everything transferred over. The drawer slides are supposed to be rated at 100 lbs., which is as much as any of the others I looked at were rated. I did a lot of research before buying, and this one seemed like the best value for the money. This thing is built like a tank. The bottom weighed 250 lbs. and the top weighed 150 lbs. Not to mention, I really like the black wrinkle finish!

View attachment 1715105544
better than my craftsman, its only rated at 25 lbs

Nice tool box............however if you can get all your tools into one box.....you don't have enough tools:lol:

ive looked at the Kirkland's. Curious to see how you like it when you get the thing fully loaded with tools in terms of how well the slides work. Very curious.

I got stuff transferred over to the new box yesterday, and I have to say that even the most heavily loaded drawer rolls smoothly. I also noticed in my old box the drawers would twist and bind if you didn't push them closed exactly straight. The new one is great, slides in straight every time.

Toolboxes are alot like shops/garages..... they're NEVER big enough!!!!!!

You are so right. Once I transferred everything over, I don't have as much left over space as I thought I would. The neat thing is that in the old box everything was piled on top of everything else. I actually found buried tools I forgot I had. In the new box I was able to lay everything out nicely.

Funny, gun safes are never big enough too!

Good looking box, moving into the new tool box is allot of fun too!

-
Back