No thanks

-
your avatar is making me nervous, ya best get your eyeball off me.

@MOPAROFFICIAL

I remember posting a thread with pictures that there were no responses to for like 3 years LOL

Don't feel like the lone ranger :)

So many bright people here.

Might be helpful if you'd actually write something, instead of leaving it up to "Name That Tune." No idea what you are getting at

Bitching about some of the members?
Bitching about no responses?
Bitching about ..............**** I have to idea?

Pretty neat how we are, some of us, are a 1000+ miles away, have never met and never would have otherwise if it weren't for this internet and sites like these.
I get busy, real bust sometimes and I don't have the moment of peace to ponder it long enough.... so i lazily come here and ask for some opinions on it. Nice we can do that.

My idle keeps going down, the butterflies aren't open very much when its right, both sets are adjustable , I dial it in to 900 rpm , even on each set pri/sec blade almost 1 full turn on all 4 mixture screws...
Timing 25 locked.
The damn idle speed screw/s are backing off I believe. When I go to reset idle speed screws ...back them out....the blades are closed before a full turn out. It does this after freeway driving at 3500-4000 and some 6k blasts when passing. Car jumps into 100+ with ease. Gonna look at the screw springs, maybe mark them and drive it to verify.

Carb is about 14 yrs old....i think I'm going to finish building the 1050 I started yrs ago and just put off..

Armchair bomber, that's you.

Last edited:
Pretty neat how we are, some of us, are a 1000+ miles away, have never met and never would have otherwise if it weren't for this internet and sites like these.
I get busy, real bust sometimes and I don't have the moment of peace to ponder it long enough.... so i lazily come here and ask for some opinions on it. Nice we can do that.

My idle keeps going down, the butterflies aren't open very much when its right, both sets are adjustable , I dial it in to 900 rpm , even on each set pri/sec blade almost 1 full turn on all 4 mixture screws...
Timing 25 locked.
The damn idle speed screw/s are backing off I believe. When I go to reset idle speed screws ...back them out....the blades are closed before a full turn out. It does this after freeway driving at 3500-4000 and some 6k blasts when passing. Car jumps into 100+ with ease. Gonna look at the screw springs, maybe mark them and drive it to verify.

Carb is about 14 yrs old....i think I'm going to finish building the 1050 I started yrs ago and just put off..

Armchair bomber, that's you.
Splain the "timing 25" locked to me , what engine ?

Splain the "timing 25" locked to me , what engine ?
Rated edge compression on 91 octane, under load it doesn't like more than 28 on 91 "with octane boost ", it likes 25 in general.
If i run straight 91 , no octane boost, and 28 total...it will cough a little when you turn it off.
I initially ran 20 with an 8 degree bushing ,mechanical adv=28...but idle was dirty and to get the transfer slot right i decided to lock it....it likes 25 locked for 91 in general. Fwiw ive tried 32.... nope. Its fast burning quench.
It's a 410 .040x4" 10.1 quench dome set to .030 with a narrow soild roller .574 253@.050 108 lobe cenrlter, int 104
Demon carb. This just started happening about 2 weeks ago.

The running on when you shut it off is not related to timing or ignition, there is no ignition when it is shut off.

Running on or dieseling is normally caused by the throttle blades being open too far allowing enough air / fuel into the engine that it diesels.

This is usually due to not enough initial timing so the idle speed (not to be confused with idle mixture) screw is turned in too far to compensate. This results in the car idling on the primary circuit, not the idle circuit.

Timing is locked.... do you have a vacuum advance on it?
Do you have holes drilled in the butterflies?
Any other vacuum leaks?
If you look down the throat of the carb when it is idling do you see fuel dribbling or otherwise being pulled through the main venturi?

Is it possible you have a vacuum leak that goes away once the carb body warms up and expands?
Im sure you have all tuning parameters set correctly....

Is it possible you have a vacuum leak that goes away once the carb body warms up and expands?
Im sure you have all tuning parameters set correctly....
Thanks, yes im pretty sharp on tuning and i also built it. I run a 7/16 spacer on the ld340, so a leak could be possible. Spray test time.

If I didnt mention already, demon 750 dbl, pri/sec blades set right... between 7/8-1 turn out each, 900 idle rpm. The drop is about 400 rpm. I bet it is a leak. I'm gonna pick up new gaskets. This is what I'm saying, I get lazy , but then I come here where I can bounce it off you guys, lol Thanks.

Check around the throttle shafts with spray. I've had two 750 Demons that I had to replace the throttle shaft seals on. Just an idea...

This is what I'm saying, I get lazy , but then I come here where I can bounce it off you guys, lol Thanks.
Hey! What else are brothers for?!?!

I’m not the best trouble shooter.
I’ve been out of the game far to long to even fathom calling myself OK at this chit anymore.
Sometimes I just walk away and forget about it because I’m frustrated. And then in the middle of doing ... dishes, laundry.... it comes to me in a flash out of know where. You know, like when a bird craps on your windshield in traffic.

LMAO!!!!

-
Back