Noob question 727 really low shift points

-
Thanks, yea it's been quite the process that's for sure. So, adjusting the cable down at the trans is probalby where I'll be able to settle it in I'm guessing. I'll stick the spring on it later tonight if I get the chance. I didn't realize that's high for the shift points, Maybe this will start to get it down into the optimal range.

I am definitely a proponent of higher shift points, but 1-2 shift at 30-35 is really high even for me.:D
I have mine set for the 1-2 shift at about 10-15mph and the 2-3 at about 35 under normal light throttle around town driving.
More throttle makes the points higher of course, but it does bug me just a little that I have to do 5 over the residential speed limit to get into third at all but I have some pretty high gearing in the back.

I am definitely a proponent of higher shift points, but 1-2 shift at 30-35 is really high even for me.:D
I have mine set for the 1-2 shift at about 10-15mph and the 2-3 at about 35 under normal light throttle around town driving.
More throttle makes the points higher of course, but it does bug me just a little that I have to do 5 over the residential speed limit to get into third at all but I have some pretty high gearing in the back.

So, I guess the question is how do I actually adjust to make the shift points different? Loosen or tighten on the cable?

So, I guess the question is how do I actually adjust to make the shift points different? Loosen or tighten on the cable?

Looser=sooner/softer shifts.
Tighter=later/firmer shifts

Sorry for the delay.
Doing 10 things at once.:D

Looser=sooner/softer shifts.
Tighter=later/firmer shifts

Sorry for the delay.
Doing 10 things at once.:D

Absolutely no worries, appreciate the help, no matter when it arrives !!

I'll have a look a little later tonight when I get home and see what I can figure out.

-
Back