Opinions on Blueprint Crate R/B 493/440

-
I bought a 408 dressed eddy headed small block back in 2008. I have had two issues with it. 1) the dip stick missed the hole in the shelf in the oil pan. Crank snapped it off about a week after I got it running. 2) it came with an 825 mighty demon that the quality control was terrible. More of a vendor issue, but after cleaning the metal shavings out. Turned out to work very well. I put 55,000 street miles and over 700 passes on it. I abused it all the time. Pulled it apart this last winter. The bores were still straight and round. The scat cast crank still straight journals smooth. The bearings were definitely toast. I was surprised that the bore was .040, i thought they advertised .030, I change pistons rings and bearing and put it back together. I can say that the small block has been very good to me and owes me nothing. At the time it was the right choice, now my knowledge base is sufficient I would build it myself. Not sure if its still sure, but I asked if they could upgrade to forged crank, they said no.

Glad to hear after some minor issues that the engine turned out being a solid runner for you. We were still learning and expanding in the 2000's, and we continue to learn and expand every day. We do have some exciting things going on in the mopar lineup coming up, and i'll be sure to keep the F_BO faithful in the loop!

-
Back