Paint it, Clear it or Let It Rip?

Paint it? Clear it? Or let it Rip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
all these photos and not a one of 'em after a few years of service.

i wanna see 'em at last call when the lights come up, not on the dance floor after the first two drinks.

Screenshot_20240425-211625.png

Another taste….. 77% said paint. So I did and I am super happy. Now if I can bend and shape my kickdown bracket to fit all would be right with the world!

IMG_1795.jpeg

IT IS DONE! The monster is alive I tell you! ALIVE!

View attachment 1716240874
You missed a spot.
Ha Ha. Seriously, It looks really good.

I always "stud" bolt holes in aluminum. Years ago I fought a thermostat leak in a brand new performer and had to Helicoil the threads after several rounds of torquing.
That is an amazing idea. A few years ago, I had a big problem with sealing the housing to a new Eddy Air Gap. I tried several gaskets with several types of sealant, and I tried filing the surfaces to flatten them. I finally bought a billet aluminum housing with an O ring. That did the trick. To be fair, I had bought a Chinesium chrome plated crap metal housing, and that may have been the problem. But I do really like your idea. When I was working on the lean and tightening down the bolts I was always afraid I would turn too hard and damage the threads in the aluminum.

If you're going to paint it, use something that's fuel resistant. Otherwise, any gas spill will have it looking like *** in no time.
looking like *** in no time
One of the funniest responses I've read in a long time. Actually chuckled out loud.
But your right about using fuel resistant paint, and that duplicolor engine paint with ceramic is no bueno.
Btw, the op's manifold looks great!

looking like *** in no time
One of the funniest responses I've read in a long time. Actually chuckled out loud.
But your right about using fuel resistant paint, and that duplicolor engine paint with ceramic is no bueno.
Btw, the op's manifold looks great!
Thanks!

IMG_1808.jpeg

-
Back