Parts Cache

-
I would start by saying what I Dont see like W2 rocker arms which can add up real fast. Is there a W2 intake??? What I’m trying to say is if you spend 20,000.00 and already have to start buying more parts to make those parts work things add up quickly. Maybe you can weasel him down to 17,000.00 cash in hand. See what else is missing and you are heading towards 15,000.00

Nobody sales parts.....not even here in the technical forums.

You can sell parts in the appropriate sections here....and magically it doesn't cost you anything but you time and a little effort.

Damn… thanks for the correct and I edited my posts for you, my apologies.

That’s a lot of heavy items, most not shippable. However, there’s a lot of good stuff there, and probably worth the $20k, and enough left over to make a profit. But with the engines, you’re looking at pickup only, unless you plan on a lot of freight shipping. At $20k, I would probably pass, since I sell parts and know the kind of work involved just to get it all home, let alone list it and find buyers, especially for the big stuff. I’ll bet he sits on it for awhile for that very reason, and will eventually sell it all cheaper, or piece it all out. That’s the only way to make money on it, but you will also end up with a few parts that just don’t sell.

As Geof said, a lot of heavy to ship stuff, but I don't see any parts cars, sheet metal etc. In my opinion parts cars vs strictly parts is way more labor intensive.
If bought, inventoried, identified, priced and labelled(excel spreadsheet) right at the start makes it easier from the get go.
For example a cyl head compared to a hood....I would rather have/sit on cyl head...takes up less shelf space??
Good luck!

i'll echo what a bunch of others thoughts here and say that if you're not in the parts selling biz or trying to make that your side hustle then pass on it.

there's probably 20K in parts there, but is there any meat left on the bone at resale is the big question. motors are a pain in all nine assholes to sell, and stroker/built/hotrod stuff is a harder move than stock at a lower price.

the small resto stuff and tasty bits will move easy and anything you can ship is not a lot of lift to flip, but that's not gonna come even close to covering the nut, and all those ****-hot parts (W heads, intakes, headers) are super specific buyers that know the market and are incredibly discerning (read: they'll want ALL the particulars on that stuff) which is few and far between.

i can see you recouping probably recouping 3~5K pretty quick on the loosie stuff and maybe selling one of the motors right off the bat so you'd be something like 10K back, but you would have to be actively selling to get there. all the rest of that you're going to sit on for a long time and piece out in drips and drabs.

one point though, if you're in the market for some of the big ticket items, like say one of the motors and a few wheelbarrows of the gold then the offset in the purchase of the lot *might* be worth it, but you'd still have all the work to sell everything else off. which, from experience... that's A LOT grinder work there amigo.

That’s a lot of heavy items, most not shippable. However, there’s a lot of good stuff there, and probably worth the $20k, and enough left over to make a profit. But with the engines, you’re looking at pickup only, unless you plan on a lot of freight shipping. At $20k, I would probably pass, since I sell parts and know the kind of work involved just to get it all home, let alone list it and find buyers, especially for the big stuff. I’ll bet he sits on it for awhile for that very reason, and will eventually sell it all cheaper, or piece it all out. That’s the only way to make money on it, but you will also end up with a few parts that just don’t sell.

He said he would even deliver it lol. I definitely see what you’re saying though.

i'll echo what a bunch of others thoughts here and say that if you're not in the parts selling biz or trying to make that your side hustle then pass on it.

there's probably 20K in parts there, but is there any meat left on the bone at resale is the big question. motors are a pain in all nine assholes to sell, and stroker/built/hotrod stuff is a harder move than stock at a lower price.

the small resto stuff and tasty bits will move easy and anything you can ship is not a lot of lift to flip, but that's not gonna come even close to covering the nut, and all those ****-hot parts (W heads, intakes, headers) are super specific buyers that know the market and are incredibly discerning (read: they'll want ALL the particulars on that stuff) which is few and far between.

i can see you recouping probably recouping 3~5K pretty quick on the loosie stuff and maybe selling one of the motors right off the bat so you'd be something like 10K back, but you would have to be actively selling to get there. all the rest of that you're going to sit on for a long time and piece out in drips and drabs.

one point though, if you're in the market for some of the big ticket items, like say one of the motors and a few wheelbarrows of the gold then the offset in the purchase of the lot *might* be worth it, but you'd still have all the work to sell everything else off. which, from experience... that's A LOT grinder work there amigo.

I definitely do not need any side gigs… my wife has enough projects for me currently…

What’s funny is I’d be really only wanting the motors, transmissions and stroker parts…maybe some of the 6 pack stuff is keep. Who doesn’t need wall ornaments? Everything else I don’t have much care or need for…

He said he would even deliver it lol. I definitely see what you’re saying though.

I definitely do not need any side gigs… my wife has enough projects for me currently…

What’s funny is I’d be really only wanting the motors, transmissions and stroker parts…maybe some of the 6 pack stuff is keep. Who doesn’t need wall ornaments? Everything else I don’t have much care or need for…
Buy it for 15, peel out what you want and sell the remains for 15

I see more than enough stuff laying there to make it worth the money. $4K in intakes, $1600 in Gull Wing spoilers......on and on. Besides that, both @RAT ROD AL and @GTX JOHN didn't balk at it...and those gentlemen know their stuff! I'm betting it's close enough for you to transport yourself. I'd offer $15K including the shelving and totes. If he declines that, offer $20K if he also throws in the wood splitter and trailer! Heck, offer him $10K and free dental for him and his spouse, lol.

Here's a tip to save you some work if you burn wood from that hoard in the barn. Get some pallet forks for your tractor if you don't have some already. When your splitting wood with the splitter you may acquire in this deal, stack it straight off the splitter onto pallets. I stack mine about waist high on the pallet, because that is what my dinky tractor will pick up safely. Store it in the dry if you have the room to do so. Move whatever you need close to the house for winter, with the tractor so you don't have to tote it a long ways to the stove. A covered place by the house will help keep it dry. The less times you have to handle each stick of wood, the less it will piss you off when you start getting tired of it!

well... delivery changes everything!

all kidding aside, if you're in it for the motors and transmissions and some of the high dollar stuff this makes it more of a deal on your side.

i'd still try and get him off that number. scoop the whole encharito and then adios the stuff i wasn't interested in to soften the hit. the good part is most all of that stuff is easy to sell/ship and if you're not sitting on it for absolute top dollar it should move with the quickness.

That stuff, I would buy, in a heart beat. I have 40k worth of new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram stuff. Trying to inventory and sell stuff from 2010 to current year, although all new and mostly unopened, will be a PITA for me. I bought a dealership out several years ago and made out like a fat rat. Your deal would be like eating hot peach pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it for me. My advice is "GO FOR IT MAN".

I think it would be insulting to try to talk him down any further. As said, John and Al didn’t balk at it and they are in the parts selling game. It sounds like this guy is at the end of the road and I think it would be a shame to haggle him for a few thousand off asking price. I have about 35k in two engine builds and they aren’t anything near as exotic as W2 or Six Pack stuff.

If you’ve been blessed with wealth why would you treat a mopar brother harshly for a few grand. Would you need that for your kids braces or to make mortgage payments? Do dental patients ask for hundreds or thousands off dental work? If they do, do they receive a discount?

Do it for 20k or don’t. I see 40k there for a patient seller. Use Pirate Ship and make the buyer pay for the deeply discounted shipping to sweeten the deals. Get an account on every For*bodiesOnly.com site and start posting.

I really have a disdain for people asking ME to take less for something I’m trying to sell. Unless something is obviously marked way high I won’t bring up a discount to a seller.
I recently tried to sell my extra ZTR John Deere mower. It has lower hours than comparables and I marked it for several hundred less. Every single respondent wanted a “deal”. The “deal” was already built into the price.

The deal on this hoard is already built into that price.

All I have to say on this subject is, It would be a shame if this Hoard and others like this one were to get scrapped down the road by family that doesn't care about the stuff.
If I were presented with an offer like this I'd take it and see that it went back into hands that could use it and at a decent price and still make a little $$$$ on the side for the work . And get to maybe meet a few friends along the way ! Doc, I understand , you have a career, a young family and a new place your whipping into shape. That's a full plate for most everyone. But somehow someone needs to save this stuff !!!!!

I bought into a deal like yours, only smaller and less cool stuff. A guy had health issues and just needed out. I easily doubled my money and still have parts left to sell. Reread post #37 and #38 above. If you have the money and the space, I'd go for it.

Sometimes life is not about $ and how much profit something might yield, it about happiness and sometimes a collection of GOOD parts will give untold smiles to you and those parts not needed an be placed or traded to hands that will love them.

Sometimes life is not about $ and how much profit something might yield, it about happiness and sometimes a collection of GOOD parts will give untold smiles to you and those parts not needed an be placed or traded to hands that will love them.

I just don’t know enough about the stuff to know if I were just setting money on fire or not.

even at 15k what are you going to do with it all? are you ok with blowing 15k on stuff that may just be sitting around for years? if you plan on selling it may take some time and a bunch of aggravation getting rid of the stuff.. that **** isn't for me..

I just don’t know enough about the stuff to know if I were just setting money on fire or not.
I am not qualified to give $ value.
It is hard to sell off a large cove of good parts and advertising and shipping is expensive and a hassel. It is same hazel and expense to haul to Nats or Carlisle. Costs too much. Only way is to decide what you want to keep of this lot, what it is worth to you.... and keep and set aside the other and sell to those parts over time to those that an drive in. How much time and how bad you want to sell off what you don't want to hang on to. Remember you will meet a lot of Mopar guys, as the word gets out and some with $$ an others that want to trade you good cars,projects, parts and maybe hound dogs!

If your plan would be to flip it to make money, how much is your time worth? Think of the hundreds of hours it would take to sell the stuff. Just not worth it to me. If you actually want or need the stuff, go for it!

even at 15k what are you going to do with it all? are you ok with blowing 15k on stuff that may just be sitting around for years? if you plan on selling it may take some time and a bunch of aggravation getting rid of the stuff.. that **** isn't for me..

He’s a Dentist and loaded to the gills with extra cash. Lol

You couldn't buy that stuff for 50 grand, pay the 20 and run.
The engines and transmissions alone are worth 20. imo

If your plan would be to flip it to make money, how much is your time worth? Think of the hundreds of hours it would take to sell the stuff. Just not worth it to me. If you actually want or need the stuff, go for it!

This is where my conundrum lies. I don’t need the stuff, some of it I have no use for and would try to sell. Other stuff I could have use for at some point in time (BB and SB transmissions, 6 pack stuff maybe, 408 stroker kit.)

He is just at the point right now where he wants to sell it in one lot, so he isn’t interested in parting it in bits and pieces.

I’d rather take 20k and finish my shop trusses and insulation and get my car painted. But how often does something like this come up with quality parts for a decent price, instead of quantity.

Hard to sell engines and trans for a good price, unproven of what condition they are in.

I can find 6-8 engines on FB right now all listed as “stroker BB or built,” that have been for sale for months. So I understand that part

-
Back