Parts I purchased today for my 383 budget build any suggestions

-
yes on the 400. but, I thought the 383 is freshly bored @.030. what do you really have.

^^ what he said
I did not bore it the guy I purchased it from did several yrs ago the block sat so there was a little surface rust in one cylinder he thought could be honed ,after he took a closer look ,he thinks it should be bored,my luck, that is what happens when you're not mechanically inclined and you buy parts

:(

that sucks...must be more than a little surface rust. Even a dingle ball hone can remove a pretty good bit of sin. Anyway, fishmens67 didn't know you had a 400 block. If you have one of those, the cubes are always a good option. Even with a stock stroke one, you can still use the same type of options as with the 383. KB makes a couple of pistons for the 400 just like the 383--flat top and dome.

Just my .02, but I'd wait to buy pistons until you determine what cc your heads are (I know you said you already bought them for the 383, but I guess you'll have to send them back). It can help you narrow down how much compression you want and not marry you to it based on your cam choice. It's gp anyway to find out what all you really do have, technically speaking before you spend any money.

They said to refuse the pistons from fed ex and when i get the correct ones i need to call and use the credit im just out the shipping thats not a big deal

-
Back