Parts that can be used off M body cars on A bodies

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Parts off M bodys that work on A bodies

I'll start.

Full disc brake setup, from spindle out.
Also the rotor is same PN as an A body BBP rotor.

Steering box. Engine and trans. Trunk lock. Rear drum assemblies and backing plates with proper offset axles.
Marker lights. Rims. Electronic ignition pigtails. Electronic voltage regulation system and alternator. carburetors. Distributors if you need a locked out unit or are willing to add advance. door locks, iirc.

Glovebox light switch, and bezel
Cigarette lighter and receptacle
Radiator, fan and shroud.
Master cylinder to run manual brakes

Radiator is a direct bolt in on my kids 69 barracuda. So i would assume its direct fit 67-72

First thing that comes to my mind is the 8 1/4.

It's the next closest in length to the 66/67 B body.

...and a LOT of the nuts, bolts and fasteners.

Electrical stuff, like the bulb sockets, the steering column crush spacers, studs and star washers (which are not the easiest to find if you need them).

Believe it or not, the six way power seat track can be used with slight modifications.

Did someone mention electric trunk release?

I've found so many usable parts on my 86 5th Ave, that I can't afford to take it to the scrap yard. I'd get maybe $120, but I pull $5- $10 in fasteners and connectors alone every month!

Let's also not forget all the wiring harnesses that might not be useful in there entirety, but have all the correct colors and gauges of wire if you need to splice or build a harness from scratch.

If you're doing a magnun swap and can weld, you can cut out the spool mounts.

15x7 5 on 4.5 steelies that take 9" dog dish caps.

Power window motors interchange all the way back to the 60's.

The inner seat track bolts have huge, thick biting washer/spacers, and are great for bucket seat conversions.

Headlight switch, again, all the way back to the 60's.

So much stuff. If you get one of these for $100-$200 theres so much to get out of it. Plus parts you can sell off of it that your not gonna use like fenders, doors, glass, trim pieces, interior parts etc to pay back for your original investment.

LA style sanden A/C compressor mount.

Did someone say roller cam package and 9.2:1 compression 318 with "302" swirl heads?

Oooooohhh, square headlights on an A body.

I like it.

I've seen J body cars with tuff wheels (usually colored) but IDK I've ever seen an M with one.

-
Back