Passon A855 5 speed

-
I was number 4 on his list and have had it on the street for several months and probably 800-900 miles. No issues at all. It is worth the wait.
Jamie has sunk countless hours and $$$$$$$$ into developing this US made tranny and getting it to market. I understand that it is almost impossible to get some companies (in the US even) to do high quality small parts production runs and as a result Jamie has lost a lot of hair!!

IMG_1478_1280x719.JPG

IMG_1959_1280x719.JPG

I am not a hater or a basher, but it seams to me that if you are going to actively market something, you should have it available for sale????

I am not a hater or a basher, but it seams to me that if you are going to actively market something, you should have it available for sale????
Jamie had the option to do that and probably have a lot faster production (and a lot less expensive) by having them built in China, but he steadfastly refused to do that. He wanted a US-made product and I'm sure he never expected so many roadblocks.

I am sure its not easy to get a project like this going. I think we should be happy that someone cares enough to tackle this. He could get it to market fsster and cheaper if he outsourced the production but then people would ***** that its not made in USA.....I for one applaud him for his efforts even if I dont get one.

Btw... what is the weight and price ?
Just curious.

Just go and get one piece manufactured. I have, Its not the easiest thing. Now I am trying to make a 4 piece part made. 3 are made and the other one has bin on hold for over 6 mounts. The place got backed up, I got put on hold because a I am a small fish in a big pond. I am only 2000 pieces compared to other ordering stuff 20 to 30,000 items at a time. Then I tried to have the piece made some where else and the price is more than triple. What Jamie has done is amazing!

The question I have is about how it shifts. I am very used to the modern transmissions and how well they shift, especially with short throw shifters. How does the Passon 5 speed compare to modern transmission shifting and throw? Does it still feel like a muscle car transmission?

I think you will have to contact Jamie about the current price. Seems like the price and how many units have shipped are closely kept information.

You are in line for a LONG LONG list of specialty aftermarket hardware from the 60's and 70's including (off the top) Carter...Sun..Edelbrock...Holley......... ..... ... ....

Nice product but at todays exchange rate it would cost $10 grand Canadian to do a complete change over from a car with a automatic...but even more scary is if it breaks in a few years will there be parts available.
This is another product that should be sold to a larger company that can mass produce them, like the Holley Group.

You are in line for a LONG LONG list of specialty aftermarket hardware from the 60's and 70's including (off the top) Carter...Sun..Edelbrock...Holley......... ..... ... ....
Hmmm. Never thought of that. Anyway, are they available now?

I'm number 181 on the list for an A855 and was told a few weeks ago that I'm probably still a year from delivery. So, they aren't quickly available. I've heard his list is currently up to around 400.

I ordered one in August 2013; called this summer to ask if i was still interested, i say yes. Then he left a message on Sept. 8 to come pick it up; which i did as quick as i could. Sept .24 i was home with it.

DSCF1211.JPG

Wow! That sucker looks great. When will it be in the car? Do you know what number you were? I got on his list July of 2012 at number 181. Glad to see he's getting some out the door.

Had no clue about my numbers on his list, it took 4 years but happy to have it. Price did change over the years (and exchange rate USD vs CDN) Will be in the car this winter; need a 18 spline disc so probably new clutch too.

What tax and duty did you pay bringing it into Canada?

-
Back