Personality Type.

-

Mr Gorsky

I know words, I have the best words...
Reaction score
What type are you?? If you haven't done the test, here's the link:

Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory

Done this test a few times over the years, it always comes out the same for me: INTJ.

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.....

^^^^It's official, the internet says I'm a PITA know-it-all. I even followed the classic INTJ career path....and became an engineer. Not many INTJ's bother the Lord on Sundays, so don't send me to hell, God, you made me this way!

It does explain why I've joined a few forums over the years.....I have a built in desire to learn about stuff.

Mr G :)

ESTJ - was an engineer for quite a while, but had to talk to people, so switched to sales (selling stuff I used to use to people who do what I used to do)

Also Mr G ;-)

What type are you?? If you haven't done the test, here's the link:

Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory

Done this test a few times over the years, it always comes out the same for me: INTJ.

^^^^It's official, the internet says I'm a PITA know-it-all. I even followed the classic INTJ career path....and became an engineer. Not many INTJ's bother the Lord on Sundays, so don't send me to hell, God, you made me this way!

It does explain why I've joined a few forums over the years.....I have a built in desire to learn about stuff.

Mr G :)
I'm an INTJ too and also an engineer. My wife is also INTJ and she's a lawyer. I wished that one of us had been at least an ENTJ so that person could do all of the talking to others. We get by well with each other though.

Hmm, I came up INTJ also. Although I was not an engineer, I always kinda wished I had pursued that path.
I think there has to be a streak of that in anyone that will tackle a restoration or other large, longterm project like that.
C

INFJ a rare and misunderstood type, who knew? Actually that was pretty accurate and fun.

ENFP, Was a Mechanic and then a Combat Engineer in the army. Love finding out how stuff works. have restored a couple cars.

I'm an INTJ too and also an engineer. My wife is also INTJ and she's a lawyer. I wished that one of us had been at least an ENTJ so that person could do all of the talking to others. We get by well with each other though.

Hahaha....my wife is an INTJ too!

It's clear that none of us INTJ's are party animals, we get our kicks in other ways :)

ESTJ - was an engineer for quite a while, but had to talk to people, so switched to sales (selling stuff I used to use to people who do what I used to do)

Also Mr G ;-)

ESTJs are practical, realistic, and matter-of-fact, with a natural head for business or mechanics. Though they are not interested in subjects they see no use for, they can apply themselves when necessary. They like to organize and run activities. ESTJs make good administrators, especially if they remember to consider others' feelings and points of view, which they often dismiss.

According to Keirsey, ESTJs are civic-minded individuals who dedicate themselves to maintaining the institutions behind a smooth-running society. They are defenders of the status quo and strong believers in rules and procedures. ESTJs are outgoing and do not hesitate to communicate their opinions and expectations to others.

^^^Mr G, you need a new job....apparently sales isn't in your wheelhouse :wink:

64 questions!! good God... no need to go through all that... - me? type 17 - SDGF ... simply don't give a ---- :lol: ---- actually, ISTJ

Efsj. I think that means I am all over the place.
Currently retired and working part time sales position which I do enjoy
I tend to nitpick okay small things when it comes to restoring my car than I do with other things

ENTJ.....not sure what all these types really have to do with anything, but I'm a high school drop out and the boss in my field.
I think we are really all the same but just have different opinions! ;)

Efsj. I think that means I am all over the place....

Possible careers: Teacher, Doctor, Social Worker, Accountant, Clergyman.

EFSJ's receive satifaction from giving to others. That's not all over the place, you guys are the glue that hold society together.

Possible careers: Teacher, Doctor, Social Worker, Accountant, Clergyman.

EFSJ's receive satifaction from giving to others. That's not all over the place, you guys are the glue that hold society together.
I guess that makes me feel important!

ENFP. Mine hasn't changed since I first took this in an Air Force leadership academy. I am very outgoing and enjoy "new and shiny" things, lol.

I was certified in the DISK behavior assessment, which stands for Dominate, Influencing, Steadiness, and Compliant. It's really amazing how accurate these kind of "tests" are.

Wow. This is incredible. INTJ's are not that common. I would never have thought that Mopar fanatics include such a high percentage of this admittedly small sample. I first took the Meyers-Briggs as a college freshman in 1969. NASA was big funder of type indicators in those early days. Can you figure out why? It sure helped to have space crews with compatible personality types. As an undergraduate I worked in a lab down the hall from the Meyers-Briggs team. We were located in the NASA Bldg at the University of Florida in Gainesville. The dataset from us UofF students served as the basis for the studies of personality type and career selection. BTW, the 'strength' of your type is also related to the type stability over time. if you have not already guessed I am a strong INTJ. I have a PhD in physiology. I have taken the M-B probably over 20 times over my life. it has always come up INTJ.

Dennis

ENTJ

Not a surprise. Always been a natural leader. Spoken my mind. And given directions. I always tend to lead whatever group I'm with. I go into anything with a plan. But still have the flexibility to adjust that plan and achieve whatever success. I can talk to anyone anytime anywhere. The funny thing is despite how "serious" it makes me sound. I'm the class clown. I always have a quick wit and funny remark. And basically keep any group of people laughing. Whats the point in life if you can't laugh at it? That's why I've never taken these test too seriously. They can't quite pin down an entire person. There's a lot more to us than 60 some questions. That's for sure.

Wow. This is incredible. INTJ's are not that common. I would never have thought that Mopar fanatics include such a high percentage of this admittedly small sample. .......if you have not already guessed I am a strong INTJ. I have a PhD in physiology. I have taken the M-B probably over 20 times over my life. it has always come up INTJ.

Dennis

Thanks for your post, Dennis.

The perfectionist in me would like to point out that you missed a capital "I" at the beginning of your last sentence :).

I suspect that INTJ's do the test multiple times because we're searching for a different outcome.....ENTJ, for example!!

Edit: Apparently INTJ's account for 2-4% of the population.

Last edited:
-
Back