Playback Tach's

-

chrgdrt

Reaction score
In my challenger I have a Sport comp Playback tach which also has a intergrated shift lite. They don't make that model anymore.
For the Dart I'm building I have a standard sport comp tach,
AutoMeter Sport-Comp Series Tachometers 3780
Autometer makes a Shift lite controller w/ rpm playback module I could use along with my existing tach. It's about the same price as buying a new playback, just wondering if anyone has used the module?
SHIFT LIGHT CONTROLLER, DIGITAL, W/ RPM PLAYBACK, DPSS LEVEL 3

Thanks gary

I was curious if anyone used the controller, but obviously nobody yet.

If a new Autometer playback tach is about the same or a bit more as the add-on unit, perhaps it would be worth it to just get a new tach and sell the old one. You'll recoup some of the "investment" and have less wiring & clutter to worry about.

I emphasize "investment" because I believe the Autometer playback tachs are a very valuable tool. Great tuning aid. When I got my first one, I was amazed at what you learn by actually seeing whats happening instead of "thinking" you know what's happening.....and see any mistakes you make. (shift points, converter flash, etc.)

Good luck.

I have a playback/record autometer tac that I am not using....let me get the part number on it tomorrow and a picture...

If a new Autometer playback tach is about the same or a bit more as the add-on unit, perhaps it would be worth it to just get a new tach and sell the old one. You'll recoup some of the "investment" and have less wiring & clutter to worry about.

Good luck.

the module is about $40 less than the pb tach AutoMeter Sport-Comp Playback Tachometers 3966
but then I still need to get a shift light so the diff almost covers that and I'm using something I have.
was hoping for some feedback on the unit . I may still go new.
Also not sure I want a monster tach starring me in the face, this car is a bit smaller interior.

the module is about $40 less than the pb tach AutoMeter Sport-Comp Playback Tachometers 3966
but then I still need to get a shift light so the diff almost covers that and I'm using something I have.
was hoping for some feedback on the unit . I may still go new.
Also not sure I want a monster tach starring me in the face, this car is a bit smaller interior.
Agree on the monster tach, don`t even like it in an A body. I bought an add on playback that will wire up to any tach., but never used it.

Who makes the add on playback?
I don`t remember, it is setting out in the garage somewhere. Think I bought it from Summit. If ur interested , I`ll let u have it cheaper than u can buy one.

I don`t remember, it is setting out in the garage somewhere. Think I bought it from Summit. If ur interested , I`ll let u have it cheaper than u can buy one.
He doesn't have the money to buy one he's too busy buying snowmobile parts!
I'm interested but I don't find anything on the web about it.
Stop Believing everything you read on the internet! Stop buying snowmobile parts and buy his part oh wait a minute don't do that you won't have time to put it in you still have to put the two step in!

I have brand new summit branded one that I bought years ago. Not sure if they still sell them but they had there own one time for cheap.

I just googled summit and can't find it. I'd like to see what it is and how it works. Never even heard of an add on to make a tech play back.

I just googled summit and can't find it. I'd like to see what it is and how it works. Never even heard of an add on to make a tech play back.
You haven't raced that beak nose beater in over 12 years! How do you expect to keep up with the times if you sit at home and watch the "wild weeds grow". First get the two step in and get it to the track so you can have a reason to play something back? :poke::thumbsup:

You haven't raced that beak nose beater in over 12 years! How do you expect to keep up with the times if you sit at home and watch the "wild weeds grow". First get the two step in and get it to the track so you can have a reason to play something back? :poke::thumbsup:

I'm confident that after I beat you that I'll want you to watch the race on my playback tach.

I'm always thinking of your best interests.

I'm confident that after I beat you that I'll want you to watch the race on my playback tach.

I'm always thinking of your best interests.
Well Martin Luther King had a dream and it sounds like you do too? Will you stop mucking up this thread you always do this!

Well Martin Luther King had a dream and it sounds like you do too? Will you stop mucking up this thread you always do this!

I'm trying to maybe secure a deal. That's not derailing the thread.

If you want me to derail it, I'll bring up snowmobiles and shoot this thread right in the head lol.

I reckon this is what them people with them laptop computers all hooked up to their car like on fast and furious use? I know my wide band o2 sencer has a port for gaining data.
Being able to watch a play back of all that information along with the capability to adjust timing, fuel ratios, and shift points on a lap top would be cool, but for a hobby racer like myself (and others and I won't mention anybody by name) a complete functional setup for an older car like mine? I'm just priced out of for hobby purposes. The bits and pieces of information add up though....

I haven`t been in the garage for days, too dam cold for me ! I will see if I can find it tho .
"just wrote myself a note!"

I haven`t been in the garage for days, too dam cold for me ! I will see if I can find it tho .
Please don't sell it to YR untill he races me!
He's been working on those two wires on that two step for well over a year and using it as a "reason" to not races me or anyone.
Does anyone remember the time when YR was off his meds and called out one of the REAL racers on this part of the forum? I should just be a warm up before Las Vegas....

Thanks. Let me know when you find it. Don't go out there when it's so cold your balls will turn blue. Let it warn up a bit.

Please don't sell it to YR untill he races me!
He's been working on those two wires on that two step for well over a year and using it as a "reason" to not races me or anyone.
Does anyone remember the time when YR was off his meds and called out one of the REAL racers on this part of the forum? I should just be a warm up before Las Vegas....

Its cold out right now. We had freezing rain last night. I'll race anyone who will drag their **** up here.

-
Back