Post your 10 second combo

-
Update put in a Dana 60 did some carb adjustments
Now 10.33@129mph with a best of 1.39 60ft

Wow...that's some carb adjustments...Cuz everyone "knows" a Dana will slow you down. Cough, cough.

Same gear?

Wow...that's some carb adjustments...Cuz everyone "knows" a Dana will slow you down. Cough, cough.

Same gear?

Same gears 4.56 car goes faster. ET slips don't lie. Cough
Best Et last year was 10.53 Now 10.33 @129 mph I got the ET slip.
The 8 3/4 slowed me right down with broken gears.:burnout:
Two sets of gears.

Same gears 4.56 car goes faster. ET slips don't lie. Cough
Best Et last year was 10.53 Now 10.33 @129 mph I got the ET slip.
The 8 3/4 slowed me right down with broken gears.:burnout:
Two sets of gears.

dana 60 `s are supposed to have less drag than an 8 3/4 or a ford 9" .

I put a dana in my car, definitely less drag and no heavier because it was 8" narrower and had a spool instead of a suregrip. Car went a 1.39 60ft last weekend.
Mick

I put a dana in my car, definitely less drag and no heavier because it was 8" narrower and had a spool instead of a suregrip. Car went a 1.39 60ft last weekend.
Mick

Great job. Can't wait for it to cool off a bit so I can give it a try

I've been following this thread since the beginning. Partly because I have a big block Feather Duster and partly because the opening pic of the moparsofmn yellow duster at rock falls has my blue and white F150 in the background. I've raced at Rock Falls many times and have seen moparsofmn's car many times as well.

In Oct 2014 I ran 10.698 at 117.38 mph in cold air.

However, this year I have been only at the 1/8th mile track at Grove Creek Dragway in MN due to the low gears. We have been running fairly consistently over 25 passes in 80 degree heat.
60 ft 1.483
330ft 4.264
660ft 6.61
660 mph 105.84
According to Wallace racing calculators this equates to about a 10.5 1/4 mile

My combo as run this year...
1976 feather duster gutted interior, glass hood and bumpers, 10 pt mild steel roll cage, mini tubs, all lights still function, no nitrous, no transbrake, welded subframe connectors.
440 stroked to 508
11.5:1 compression
440 source stealth heads stock out of the box,
2" TTI open headers
Edy performer RPM manifold stock out of the box
35 year old holley 850 carb(I bought it new in college)
8 3/4 rear with original limited slip and 4.56 gears
Moser axles
Torqueflite with Cheetah manual reverse valve body, (also 35 years old)
4500 stall Hughs converter
28.5 X 10.5 M&H slicks at 12 PSI without tubes and no screws
Driver(my son) weighs 180, car probably weights 3,100
Dynoed this winter at 621 Ft lb tq at 4,000 and 575 hp at 5,600
changed from chrome box to MSD 6AL-2 last time at track, didn't make any difference.
SS springs with pinion snubber adjusted at 1 inch clearance.
manual steering and brakes
battery in trunk
always run with a 4 X 14 in air filter
iron block filed with hard block to top of freeze plugs.
electric water pump and radiator fan.
no alternator
no girdle
ARP head and main studs
trans shield and aluminum front drum

Attachments

• DSCN2421.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 729
  • DSCN2372.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 726
Minnesota Mopar, WELCOME ABOARD!, nice car and a basicly a decently low buck approach. Considering it can get expensive to run quick.
What cam & rockers do you have inside that mill.

I have a comp cam XE295HL hydraulic flat tappet cam with some old crane cam adjustable iron rockers from the 1980s.

Part of the story is how we got to this place. I was a motorhead in HS and continued in college, started building a BB duster, raced it once in 1982 (12.44 at 110), got married, enlisted in the military and gave up racing. Fast forward 16 years, my son needs something to work on, so he gets a plymouth trailduster with a 318. I convinced him to take it to the track, he gets the racing bug. So we start working on speed for him, very slowly because of lack of funds and I don't want to scare him away or get him hurt. After he moved out on his own, there were times he bought car parts instead of food and went hungry. Over the next few years we improved the times from high 15s to high 13s. Sold the truck, bought the feather duster with a six, put in a mild 360, got into the 12s, a broken windage tray ruined the engine so we swapped to the BB engine left over from my old duster and got into the 11s, put in a stroker kit and are now in the mid 10s. I figure we have improved about 3 tenths per year each year for the last 15 years. For the most part we just TNT so we can get in 9-12 passes on one trip to the track. We are out for the fun and technological challenge of going faster, not so much trying to win rounds. I can win rounds in my 16 sec sedan family car. That is not the goal, the goal is to have fun and build something ourselves that works. The turboed and sprayed guys go faster with cubic $ under high pressure, and the gizmo guys run .005 reaction times dead on their dial in. I can't compete with either. We are just having fun running something we entirely built in a two stall garage ourselves. It works.

The next step will be to sell the 8 3/4 rear and a few other old parts we have to afford a Dana 60 with 3.73 gears to get some MPH back and maybe a nice .650 lift solid cam to get some RPM as well. I already have a super victor intake to match the cam. should go 10 flat at 130 back on the 1/4 mi track. Heck, we might even take off the snubber and have some fun doing a few ET reducing wheelstands.

9 to12 passes at a tnt! Man you got it good! On a good night at irwindale maybe 4 passes. Fontana about the same. Way back at OCIR tnt,wednesday night,2 passes! Now terminal island brotherhood raceway was different cause they ran from friday afternoon to sunday night....

Yah, they generally run test and tune from 9 to 3 and eliminations after that. The only reason I couldn't get in more passes is working on the car or waiting for it to cool down. It seems like a dying sport up here, nobody in the stands except a few wives and girlfriends and not many cars on the track. I don't know how the tracks can afford to stay in business. So I'll put the question out there...I probably am not interested in the licensing and certification costs associated with running in the 9s. So I am thinking of just setting up the car to do nice 1-2 ft wheelstands, and still stay in the low 10s. Most people don't do wheelstands any more because they just slow the cars down. Nevertheless, it would be a good crowd pleaser and fun for the driver now that speed is no longer an goal. That with an unnecessarily long smoky burnout would be fun and be our little contribution to a good show for the track and maybe help the track stay in business in a very small way. Or am I being foolish to concern myself with that? Is the wear and tear on the car worth it? (The pic is my son and granddaughter on a cold saturday morning getting ready to head to the track.)

Attachments

• DSCN2179.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 643
There are more than a few regulars at irwindale who do what your thinking of. Wheelstands past the tree keep it fun and an average night has the stands at least half full. It is where many take the family and meet up with friends. And more than likely this is the last year its open. Support your local dragstrip!

Small block 408.
Edelbrock heads
.683/.658 lift. 1.65 rocker arms
1 7/8 TTI headers
Jerico 4 speed
8 3/4 3.91
Caltrac/mono springs
27" QTP Hoosier
3540 with me in it.
10.68 125 mph 1.54 60 ft
Street car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 663
3150# '65 Coronet, 446, stock '62 max-wedge heads, 02-03 springs, J converter, 5:13 Dana. 10.77@127, every pass.

Small block 408.
Edelbrock heads
.683/.658 lift. 1.65 rocker arms
1 7/8 TTI headers
Jerico 4 speed
8 3/4 3.91
Caltrac/mono springs
27" QTP Hoosier
3540 with me in it.
10.68 125 mph 1.54 60 ft
Street car

how much compression you got in that hotrod