post your 9second and quicker combo's here!

-
1970 cuda org. 340 4 speed car, my dad bought it when he was 16 for $300. it is now a s/g car. 542 cubic inch indy motor. 572 heads. 1150 dominator carb, mopar mega block, weighs 2,400 pounds with him in it. billet 2 speed powerglide, full tube chassis car . has a fab 9 fabricated rear with mark williams axels. fiberglass fenders,doors,trunk,bumpers,lexan windows. and much much more,:D

cars best is 8.70 at 156 , 5.55 1/8 mile

View attachment Cole pictures Nov Dec 2012 193.jpg

View attachment Cole pictures Nov Dec 2012 197.jpg

1970 Dodge Dart
451" w/ 400 block
Indy 440-1
14:1 Compression
BME Aluminum Rods
Ladder Bar with 14-32s
Car Weighs 3080.
727 w/ 3500 stall
Car was built to run 10.0 class but has done a best of 9.79.

68 notchback Cuda. 493 cubic inches, powerglide, 4:56 gears. Tube chassis, weighs 2450. Best run so far was 5.85 @ 117 in the 1/8. Haven't been down the 1/4 yet with it. Previous owner ran low 9:40's @ 148 in the 1/4 with it. Engine has Indy 440-1 heads valvetrain & intake. Quickfuel 1050 carb. Don't know the rest as I bought the car a month ago turnkey.

Attachments

• cuda beech bend.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,329
Heads cam intake carb???????

The threads not about bragging, it's helping others get here as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKaevQJ_JDM&feature=player_detailpage"]Cecil County November 2012 - YouTube[/ame] ET 9.50 141mph smallblock n/a

Really man?! Are ya gonna help out fellow MoPar brothers out with what it takes as described in the first post of the thread or are you just here to gloat?

This isnt a show off thread but one to help out fellow MoPar brothers and sisters achieve a quicker time zone and defeat the enemy. (Anybody that doesn't run a MoPar)

You did rear the first post of the thread right?

sorry about that! smallblock w8 393 ci 13.1 roller cam 777 lift 268@ 50 456 gears ladder bar full srteet car 5600 stall

What crank & bore? What slugs? Any mods to the slugs? Thin rings I gather.
W8 heads. Nice! How many cc's? Do you know what they flow?
W8 intake or did you fab one up?
What carb or carbs?
What fuel?

These questions are in answered by many here. Some peoe just wanna know.
Your help is needed people!

Descriptions and info is needed.

He built the front suspension in it to.... It's gotta be bad

You see the pass it's all over the place lol

My car is a 67 dart 3215 lbs.
Caltrac with mono leafs on 275/60/15 drag radials
Stock front end
422 cu in (4.100x4 in)
W9 heads by Brett Miller 397@900
1.75 T&D rockers
Custom bullet roller 780 lift
Diamond flat tops 12 to 1
Callies crank and scat rods 6.3 with Chevy ends
420 intake
727 trans w/brake
8 in ultimate conv 4200 stall
8 3/4 rear with 4.30 gears
Runs on pump gas has been a best of 9.51 at 142

Last edited by 67dartgtw9; 12-19-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: To bust Tory's chops
Ba ha ha ha.......

I have a question or two for you. What is a 420 intake, the duration of cam?
Thakns.

Mopar performance intakes, the part number cast in to them it's the last three numbers and it is what people have called them. They have a 772, tall deck, the 420 generally thought to be the best intake. Then finally the 598 and 598ab. The 420 and 598 are short deck intakes.

Mopar performance intakes, the part number cast in to them it's the last three numbers and it is what people have called them. They have a 772, tall deck, the 420 generally thought to be the best intake. Then finally the 598 and 598ab. The 420 and 598 are short deck intakes.

Seriously?! I can't believe you just wrote that. I'm like OMG! How about a description and not a wise as comment on it.

Im sorry If I didn't give enough info. That's what I know off the top of my head- ross pistons 13-1 compression

Really TQFish?! You want me to believe you dont know jack about your car?

The thread was designed to help people out in getting to where you are now. If ya dont know jack about your car, then your just posting to brag.

Really? How old are you? Thanks for not helping out you two guys. Nothing like helping a MoPar brother out in this fashion!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rob, thanks for starting this thread. I've followed along like many others looking to see how everyone is making power and hooking it up to run 9's. Personally I was hoping to see more small block builds but that's my problem. As far as 67dartgtw9 giving a wise comment I don't see it. You asked what a 420 intake was and it was answered along with the other Mopar intakes that fit these w8-w9 heads. Much more than most other posts. Thanks 67dartgtw9!!! Now as far as TQFASTFISH I too don't believe that's all he knows about his car and that's ok too. They should start a bragging post that they can all stand on. My point being, if we beat up the ones that are trying to give answers they can and probably will go away and that benefits nobody. Thanks again Rob for starting this thread and I hope we all get to learn something.

OK, it is official and I some footage for you gents. Still got allot of tuning to do but I'm happy with my first hit...

302 Found

Cool Burn out: 302 Found

NOW I know why you weren't interested in running murder nova or daddy dave haha YOU LIVE IN OK!!!! haha So you know them.. But man this car would run up that list like no other.

-
Back