Power antenna 69 Swinger

-

cpearce

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

What power antenna are people using on their 69 Darts?

I don't know about power antennas.. but did Chrysler make antennas in 69 that can be retracted completely in the fender ?... Good question ...

I just have an inexpensive aftermarket one that I put in years ago. It's worked since 1988. I wouldn't spend a ton on it as theses cars are not used every day and so even a cheap antenna will last forever.

I just have an inexpensive aftermarket one that I put in years ago. It's worked since 1988. I wouldn't spend a ton on it as theses cars are not used every day and so even a cheap antenna will last forever.
Do they come with the fender rings and hardware, or do use original stuff?

Yes they do. Easy.to reach in through the gap between the door and fender to install. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Mine came with everything that I needed (rings etc) and I didn't have to unbolt anything, it was small enough to fit through the gap between the door and fender. I guess there might be some that doesn't fit

I put one in my cuda years ago, mainly so I could use my car cover. It was a generic parts store model I got on sale. The easiest way to install it is to remove the inner fender splash panel. I also had to adapt the factory hold down nut as the supplied one was too small.

I just leave mine off. Rather hear the car rumble vs old cheesy music.

What did you use to plug antenna hole in fender? I'm considering radio delete as I already have dash plate.

I googled sink hole covers, for covering extra faucet holes. Looks like one would work.

A plug like this. Hardware store stuff.

Screenshot_2018-01-23-14-16-02.png

For about 30 years min was installed but never wired or connected to my radio, I generally listen to songs from my phone or CD. I went to a cruise last year at a drive in and finally had to connect it up as the drive in broadcasted the audio over the radio.

-
Back