Power steering pump bracket options

-

HankRearden

Reaction score
I have used the search feature and I can find no option other than the van brackets. I cant find a van bracket locally. Are there any other options? Maybe a magnum grand cherokee or something?
Anything aftermarket.

The grand Cherokee uses a completely different pump. I looked at a few of them at the salvage yards. The vans are plentiful at pick and pull yards around me. I had about 8 to choose from. Have you tried a place like that?

The grand Cherokee uses a completely different pump. I looked at a few of them at the salvage yards. The vans are plentiful at pick and pull yards around me. I had about 8 to choose from. Have you tried a place like that?

Yeah Ive tried every yard within twenty five miles and no luck. Yards here aren't keeping anything that old. They are crushing everything. One of the "perks" of living in the rust belt I guess.

I paid $36 for the one I pulled with the pump, pulley, and bracket. I didn't have my pulley removal tool with me. The bracket itself would be cheaper.

What's one worth to you? I might be able to stop by and grab one. I'm sure it would fit in a flat rate USPS box.

I have used the search feature and I can find no option other than the van brackets. I cant find a van bracket locally. Are there any other options? Maybe a magnum grand cherokee or something?
Anything aftermarket.

I didn't use the van brackets in my swap of a 5.9 Magnum into a '68 A-Body. Instead of going through that headache, I used a narrower battery and modified the battery tray by cutting and welding it. Simple quick, looks and works perfect.

Airbox2.JPG

I also modified my battery tray. However the pump was leaking so I went and grabbed a van pump and bracket today. I’m curious if the belt length will be the same.

-
Back