Pro Parts Headers on a "B" block....Pics

-

Fast01

Reaction score
I just finished fitting the collectors and clearancing 2 tubes on my new Pro Parts headers and figured I'd post some pics for any one that might be interested. The headers are meant for "RB" engines and I have a "B" based stroker, so I don't know if the clearancing would be needed if they're used in their proper application. As soon as I get them in the car
('68 Barracuda) I'll get some pics of that as well.

I had gotten a few questions regarding the #6 plug and collector orientation, so that's pictured as well as the 2 tubes I had to dimple a bit. The #4 tube hit the pan rail, so I had to dimple it a little bit, but nothing too crazy and the #1 tube hit the cylinder head, so I ground a little bit off the head and made a small dimple for clearance.

ProPartsHeaders 001.jpg

ProPartsHeaders 002.jpg

ProPartsHeaders 003.jpg

ProPartsHeaders 004.jpg

ProPartsHeaders 005.jpg

ProPartsHeaders 006.jpg

ProPartsHeaders 007.jpg

Did that header need to be dented or is it just that close to the block?

Where did you get them? i thought pro parts was out of buisness for a few years now.

Where did you get them? i thought pro parts was out of buisness for a few years now.

The Pro parts header design is the old Herb McCandless design but they are still making them. I have ran these before and had great results. With iron heads or straight plug heads, you really need some good boots as the headers tubes are close to the plugs on a few cylinders.

Does anybody have any idea how they work with SR heads? Putting these on Low deck 500" 68 Dart!

Looks like the collectors still face in odd directions.:wack:
Good to see they fixed them #-o

At least they sit at the same height now.
I wonder how low they will hang with the B block, as they are fairly low with the RB.

Looks like the collectors still face in odd directions.:wack:
Good to see they fixed them #-o

At least they sit at the same height now.
I wonder how low they will hang with the B block, as they are fairly low with the RB.

Ground clearance aside, I'm glad they hang a bit low or they probably wouldn't clear the transmission pan. Of course, they're not in the car yet, so I may change my mind once they are.

Thanks for the info Fast01. I am building a 500" low deck 63 Dart and I have a set of Pro Parts Headers that have been modified to fit the early a.

Mike

Wow! Those are low, but I can see that they angle down a bit. Those pics really help me get an idea of how they will fit, so I thank you for them. I was a little concerned, but I've got no inner fenders, I'm using an engine plate and I've got manual rack and pinion, so I don't think I'll have any problems with the exception of ground clearance maybe.

When we were putting the exhaust system on, we were contemplating cutting a notch in the collectors and welding them back so they would be straighter and not pointing down. Time, and the fact that the drivers side one is stuck on and we didn't have a torch handy, we opted to just go with how they were.

When I ran these on my 71 RB Scamp race car and the collectors did hang low. i wound up cutting off the flange on the bottom side of the collector cause they keep hanging up on my trailer when i loaded or unloaded. But that aside I thought they worked great!

They don't look terribly low. I can see the "Hang up on the trailer" part. Every inch counts though.

And my Herb McCandless ones that the collectors are stuck on.
Yes the Dart has Power Steering with a 440.

Try P'Blaster. I have never failed with that stuff. Then, when you get them off, clean the connections off real good, coat them with RED high temp permatex and put them back together. They will never stick again.

Try P'Blaster. I have never failed with that stuff. Then, when you get them off, clean the connections off real good, coat them with RED high temp permatex and put them back together. They will never stick again.
I tried the PBlaster on the collector that is on the Demon. The passenger side came off. The drivers side I treated multiple time still wouldn't budge.

-
Back