Project 440DD

-
Finally think I've decided on my color combo.....anyone know of anyone good at renderings thats doesnt charge an arm and a leg?

Last edited:
Havent update this lately, I'll get some pics of the progress shortly, floor pans cut out, I've pulled the GTS back out for now, hoping to get a dry weekend to sandblast this thing

But I did pick up this turd over the weekend which will kindly donate some of its very few good parts to my car....Note to self, when buy a junk car, make sure it has both U bolts holding the rear axle in before moving it

20160312_105822_zpsib3u0iz4.JPG

20160312_105851_zpsoswczxkh.JPG

Last edited:
Finally some progress as temps warm up, now if it can just stay dry

The old, dented, bent and rusted out tail panel

Previous owner's trunk floor job.....

time for surgery

The donor surgery, i cut this off but forgot to get a pic of it fully off the car. Cool part is that the gutter is solid and not rusted so i can use it on my 74 as well. There is one place i'll have to patch on the tail panel from the donor but its small

Whelp, wish me luck sewing it back up. :burnout:

IMG_20160317_175230_zpsmo7lmtfb.JPG

IMG_20160317_183017_zpsnmlax1nq.JPG

IMG_20160317_183029_zpsajin5m0f.JPG

IMG_20160317_183554_zpsvy9aobmn.JPG

IMG_20160317_183715_zpspqcjmhqe.JPG

IMG_20160317_183732_zpsjdhzwcbb.JPG

IMG_20160317_190245_zpsdka8xsja.JPG

IMG_20160325_203820_zpsmvzsrove.JPG

Last edited:
Wow,with the amount of rust you have there Im thinking Canadian car lol!

Wow,with the amount of rust you have there Im thinking Canadian car lol!

yeah, but its really not that bad, trunk floor is the worst on the car, guy replaced it with a sherman trunk floor but did a crappy job and left the metal bare and sitting out in the rain, major rust recipe there. Frames are solid and really, other than the drivers floorpan, theres not much rust elsewhere.

ignore the unsafe looking jackstands, they actually arent holding the car, just holding a 8.75 empty housing for mock up for my 4 link kit

Last edited:
It's what it is,man .. Always hate chassis mods,without that "supposedly mandatory" lift. Mini tub & rearend narrow? Or just the standard ,frame rail set up?

It's what it is,man .. Always hate chassis mods,without that "supposedly mandatory" lift. Mini tub & rearend narrow? Or just the standard ,frame rail set up?

my 4 link kit is a secret, ill be posting in a couple weeks.

it will be mini tubed but standard axle width and factory frames. keeping the axle at stock A body length for a reason.

my 4 link kit is a secret, ill be posting in a couple weeks.

it will be mini tubed but standard axle width and factory frames. keeping the axle at stock A body length for a reason.

O.k...."SSSSSHHHHH.." .. See you ,soon..double Dee's..

Been stuck on OT at work, anywhere from 10 to 16 hour days lately plus weekends but I did manage to squeeze in some quality dart time. Almost got the junk trunk floor out. the previous owner not only popcorn welded the crap, he put it right over the existing, rusted out floor. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Oh well, getting closer.

Last edited:
Geez... Nothing like crusty Rusty,on time off. Been there... At least you're working on it.

Geez... Nothing like crusty Rusty,on time off. Been there... At least you're working on it.

yeah, it'll get done by the time my daughter gets her license....she's 2 and half now..............

And there's a big upgrade coming soon. One of a kind, just have to find time to finish it :blob::blob::blob::blob:

yeah, it'll get done by the time my daughter gets her license....she's 2 and half now..............

And there's a big upgrade coming soon. One of a kind, just have to find time to finish it :blob::blob::blob::blob:

Damn. I used to think that too....now my daughter is 16 and driving.Oh well.
But I havent given up!

you (dukeboy_318) and I might differ slightly on who builds the better mousetrap.....but I sure do admire your gumption.

rock on!
Denny

you (dukeboy_318) and I might differ slightly on who builds the better mousetrap.....but I sure do admire your gumption.

rock on!
Denny

Thanks. Turned into a much deeper project, but fun nevertheless

wow!! what an ambitious build .....you are making me feel lazy on my 75 because I have a very rust free car and it should be on the road ten minutes ago if I wasn't hee hawing around LOL

I am making it easy on myself and leaving everything 75, body mods are a lot of work.

I really look forward to seeing this 74 move forward and back to life......the world needs more "Late A's"

wow!! what an ambitious build .....you are making me feel lazy on my 75 because I have a very rust free car and it should be on the road ten minutes ago if I wasn't hee hawing around LOL

I am making it easy on myself and leaving everything 75, body mods are a lot of work.

I really look forward to seeing this 74 move forward and back to life......the world needs more "Late A's"
yeah but the front will stay 74 minus a custom grille i built

Teaser pic:

13340874_10204664252006603_240278951_o_zpsdkmg2yej.JPG

Last edited:
looks like part of a Watts link.....but I don't know much about that kinda stuff.

Every time this thread title pops up I caint help but think 44DD.

44DD BOOBS.png

Enter project Snakebitten. Back in the fall, I picked up a 74 dart swinger hardtop. The little slant 6 is still running strong, but it's not staying in the car. Body is pretty solid, rusted out lower rear quarter panel, rest of panels are solid. Trunk floor was junk, replaced already. Driver's floor pan is the only rusted spot of the floors. It's about the size of a silver dollar. Not sure if I'll patch it, or replace the entire pan on that side. Rails are solid. Passenger side fender is junk, replaced with a used one from a member on here. Driver's side is solid.

Plans are for a 440 swap with a 4speed backing it up. Recently picked up a new trunk lid, 8.75 a body rear and a fiberglass hood. Color will be a custom green(sorry purists). Right now, it sits waiting for warmer weather, no heat in my shop. Hoping to at least have it drive-able for Mopar Nats. It'll be a challenge...

Hey , man. I believe there is a new member who's looking for a good /6 for his ride since he doesn't have much cash to rebuild his. And he's like 16. Just fyi :)

-
Back