Project DD

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After thinking long and hard about the commitment it takes to create a thread on your build and whether or not I had it in me to keep up with the comments and demands of answering questions I sat down and had a few more beers and said what the hell… why not!

So here goes nothing……. I bring to you all ~~~PROJECT DD~~~
I know your all thinking this will be littered with pictures of large breasts, don’t I wish!

Okay so lets get started. Project DD started as a concept that I have had for several years. The idea of building a pro-touring Demon out of my Street Strip Demon was very a appealing to me since I knew I would get more use out of it since I longer had time to race. So with this new project in mind I started in the fall of 2008 to strip the drag and began the process of parts gathering etc.

During the winter of 2010 I met a fellow FABO member (Mopar Al) who has since became a great buddy and immense help with work on this project…. Here is where Project DD really started to take shape.

Winter / Spring 2010 – Mopar Al install a mini tub

Winter Spring 2010 – I bought one of Mopar Al’s rotisseries (AWESOME PC)

Summer 2010 – I sand blasted the car (well most of the car at least)

Fall 2010/Winter 2011 – Took the car back up to Al’s where he installed new floor pans, a front new rad cross member, custom fabricated frame connectors, patch a crap load of other holes. Prior to sending the car to Al’s for the winter I set the ride height of the project.

Winter / Spring 2011 – Al and I both got fixated on?????? Custom do-it-yourself triangulated 4-link. That in turn led to contacting all of the right folks ordering more parts and Al installing the rear end.

Once again the car came home for the summer where more project plans etc where in the works….

That brings us close to where the car sits right now……
So here’s the scoop….. Like all projects this is going to be a very slow progressing project, but as progress is made I will make up dates…. Till then I will leave everyone with a few details of what is to come:

PROJECT DD
71/72 Customized Demon
Gen 3 Viper Engine SRT 10
TCI 6speed Auto
355 suregrip in triangulated 4 link
Frame connectors
Atlerkation front end
Rear tires: 335/30ZR18 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2
Rear rims: Billet Specialties Mag G
Front tires: TBD
Front rims: Billet Specialties Mag G

~~~The rest I will make up as I go…. Enjoy the future car **** to come.

Pic#1 – How I bought the car
Pic#2 – What I originally turned it into – 340 Street Strip race car
Pic#3 & 4 - Off to Mopar Al’s for a mini tub and frame relocation kit install –mini tub
Pic#5 – Bought one of Mopar Al made rotisserie and installed the car on it
Pic#6 – Bought a tarp garage from Harbor Freight to sand blast the car or at least most of it
Pic#7 – Finished blasting and setting the ride height so I could send the car back to Mopar Al’s for more work.
Pic#8 & 9 – Al welds in some new floor pans
Pic#10- Al welds in some new custom frame connectors

Attachments

• Pic#1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Pic#10.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 320
  • Pic#9.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 304
  • Pic#8.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Pic#7.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 315
  • Pic#6.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Pic#5.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 289
  • Pic#4.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Pic#3.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Pic#2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 298
Pic#11 – Al welds in a new rad cross member
Pic#12 – Al finishes the triangulated 4 link courtesy of Mad Darts thread
Pic#13 & 14 – Al finishes Up new trunk floors
Pic# 15 --- Project DD when she’s finished

Attachments

• Pic#15.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 270
  • PIc#14.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Pic#13.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Pic#12.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Pic#11.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 307
Real nice work. going with the V10 will be a lot of work, but what you've done so far is looking good.

The concept drawing looks awesome.

DD = Dangerous Demon

Thanks guys...... The Gen 3 viper engine is ordered and should be arriving this week or next week... So yes this will actually happen... Alot of work YES....but its been the design since day 1 so until it becomes impossible due to physics that is what will be under the hood of this thing....

nice project....

are you running wheelie bars?

nice project....

are you running wheelie bars?

Yes I plan too.... not out of need, strictly out of the look....that and the mounts were already on the rear end years ago when I got it. The only way they will get cut off is if they end up hitting the ground when driving.

The Alterkation set up with will woods has been sitting in boxes since last christmas in my dining room... so that will all be getting mocked up soon as the GEN 3 engine combo is ordered and should be in route this week.

Founds some more pics of the rest of the trunk AMD metal going in and more work on the rear end as well.....

Attachments

• demon34071 001.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 260
  • demon34071 002.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 237
  • demon34071 003.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 252
  • demon34071 004.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 232
  • demon34071 005.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 214
Project is delayed a bit.... Why... I'm pissed as I thinking I may be getting burned on buying my Gen 3 Viper engine.... My purchase from on internet seller is potentially going bad (seller not responding) (seller has my money) etc etc... normal stuff... So I am either calling the bank and declaring it as internet fraud to see if I am protected, or I am going to have to track his *** down in NJ with a couple big pipe swings dudes to get my $4000 bucks back..... Anyone in NJ want to play collection agent for me? LOL

So the engine I had hope to be here 2 weeks ago... is delaying the project's desire... TBD

-
Back