Question about Edelbrock 7577 magnum airgap manifold

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
When looking at these manifolds online, Summit, Jegs, etc.
Some pics show the manifold has two extrusions sticking up off the front runners, with threaded holes in them. Other pics show a manifold without these same risers, or extrusions.
For example look at it on Summitracing, they show two pics, one has it, the other doesn't.

So what are these for? and How do I know if i'm going to get one with or with out?

you can see them on the attached pic.

007577_v1_20110916.jpg

When looking at these manifolds online, Summit, Jegs, etc.
Some pics show the manifold has two extrusions sticking up off the front runners, with threaded holes in them. Other pics show a manifold without these same risers, or extrusions.
For example look at it on Summitracing, they show two pics, one has it, the other doesn't.

So what are these for? and How do I know if i'm going to get one with or with out?

you can see them on the attached pic.

Hi MileHighDart,
I haven't bought mine yet, so I don't have pics. However, in the research I've done, all the versions currently sold have the extrusions. I'm not sure if there was once a version that didn't have them. If using the stock serpentine belt system, those extrusions are used to connect to the mounts for alternator and a/c compressor.

Travis

Thanks Travis, that's what I was thinking they were for. I am planning on using the serpentine system, and keep the a/c so that's perfect.

Thanks

Those two threaded stands are for the back of the A/C compressor. I left bolts in there to keep them fresh and clean since I was wanting to use the A/C.

IMG_0596.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG

Last edited:
Also, take note of this picture. The Magnum's Acc. bracket. It covers a water hole in the intake. You MUST use a Allen plug to at least sit flush with the intake so the Acc. bracket can be mounted as shown. The water by-pass hose MUST also go on first.

IMG_0598.JPG

-
Back