Question about tubular suspension

-

BigBlockMopar28

Reaction score
So I was looking around online today and came across the tubular suspension stuff for A bodies. My k frame is in questionable condition, and I brainstormed about one of those tubular frames. My question was: Is a tubular k frame compatable with factory components? Likewise, would tubular UCA's, or other tubular parts br compatable with a factory frame? Probably a no brainer but I'm just curious lol. Thanks

The qa1 tubular k frame is compatible with factory components. Only saves a few pounds and from what I've heard doesn't allow for much more clearance. Costs around $600 too.

Last edited:
I have a Qa1 and all factory parts work fine(72 and older). It does provide quite a bit more clearance around the engine but no great loss of weight though ~5lbs

I have a Qa1 and all factory parts work fine(72 and older). It does provide quite a bit more clearance around the engine but no great loss of weight though ~5lbs
74 control arms wouldn't work with a qa1 k frame? I'll be switching the control arms from my 74 bbp disc brake dart to my 72 drum brake dart.

74 control arms wouldn't work with a qa1 k frame? I'll be switching the control arms from my 74 bbp disc brake dart to my 72 drum brake dart.

Control arms work fine because all Abodies 67-76 are identical.
The Qa1 K frame uses 72 and older motor mounts is all

Last edited:
Got 3 cars with QA1 k member...few pounds lighter....tons of more room...all stock components work....2 of 3 cars now have coil over shock set up..no more t bars..plus all have tubular upper arms and adjustable strut rods...

-
Back