Radiator aftermarket or stock

-

Originalowner73 340duster

Reaction score
Wondering if it's worth spending the money for aluminum radiator or clean up stock..and witch is the one to go with for 73 340 duster

Is your 340 built? Do you plan to race? Auto or manual? AC? Did you ever use your stock radiator?

My stock radiator the nipple broke off next to the cap..and the car spits coolant after it warms up..not sure if it needs a recore.. not sure what is done to motor that's in it now it's a rebuilt 72..and is fast..but in future going to rebuild original 73 motor

If you are not doing a back to original restoration, go to aluminum. They are cheaper and more efficient. Champion makes good one, cc374 for 26" wide.

Depends what style you like also. You may have a local radiator shop that can rebuild and re-core yours for a decent price

We'd like a shot. :) Champion is not a bad unit but Cold Case has stamped tanks that look more original and they have a higher cooling capacity. Other than that, comparing apples to apples everything else is about equal....including the price.

There are several different tube configurations available... I use aluminum in my race car but I'd have the stock unit repaired in a street car.

Cool, glad to see you have a game plan, i have a aftermarket oe style brass/copper core radiator and have no issues cooling my 400 horse 340

Cool, glad to see you have a game plan, i have a aftermarket oe style brass/copper core radiator and have no issues cooling my 400 horse 340
Nice mine is 26 inch.. always cooled enough..400horse nice..I have a 72 340 in it now .it's fast but not sure what was exactly done..I have original 73 motor that I will rebuild one day..that will be a solid rebuild when I get to it.lol

Hell yeah man, id love to see it done. 26” huh? Yeah you shouldnt have a problem cooling anything you can fit in there lol. Mines the 22” so with the 26” you should be fine

Hell yeah man, id love to see it done. 26” huh? Yeah you shouldnt have a problem cooling anything you can fit in there lol. Mines the 22” so with the 26” you should be fine
Ya Im not sure if it's the stock one ..I don't remember if my dad changed it when I was a kid.i drove car in highschool and after before it sat in a garage for yrs..

-
Back