[WANTED] Rear Brake Drums?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can you find good used originals? For a long time new were not available, and good used were selling for premium prices. I think that supply has about dried up. I have been using the Centrics on two cars for about two years, now, without any problems.

PS: I think the Centrics are the only source for new, at this time.

Where can you find good used originals? For a long time new were not available, and good used were selling for premium prices. I think that supply has about dried up. I have been using the Centrics on two cars for about two years, now, without any problems.
Charlie, my experience with China metal drums and rotors has been mixed at best. Up until six years ago I was in the regular repair business, and my comeback rate for warped and squeeling brake durms and rotors had become ridiculous.
In some cases, the rotors were so soft, they would wear deep grooves with perfectly good pads.
If you hunt around, there are still some originals out there. I buy all I can get my hands on, and sell every last one.

I agree about the China parts, but even a lot of the drums/rotors from brand name companies are made in China. And like you say you sell every one of the 10x1 3/4 SBP drums you find. There just aren't that many good ones left. I would rather have a new China drum, then a used one that has been cut more then spec.
Do you have any good ones for the original poster?

I agree about the China parts, but even a lot of the drums/rotors from brand name companies are made in China. And like you say you sell every one of the 10x1 3/4 SBP drums you find. There just aren't that many good ones left. I would rather have a new China drum, then a used one that has been cut more then spec.
Do you have any good ones for the original poster?
I wish I did. I actually need one for myself right now, for my 72 Swinger

@ whitepunkonnitro and others - When did mopar start adding the cooling? flange on these narrow small bolt pattern drums? The centric # someone posted from rockauto, is that with or without the extra flange? Clarification appreciated.

@ whitepunkonnitro and others - When did mopar start adding the cooling? flange on these narrow small bolt pattern drums? The centric # someone posted from rockauto, is that with or without the extra flange? Clarification appreciated.
Its not a cooling flange, its a water deflector, and both 9 and 10 inch drums had that from 70 thru 72.

What they look like (re-drilled).............
Drum7.jpg

Message member "Mobileparts" Craig Studnick, I'll bet dollars that he has some, and they are not Chinese made! As I recall in a conversation, he wouldn't let a "Chinese girl" have a mustache ride, to put it nicely!!! And he didn't put it that nicely!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back