Rear spring question

-

RyanAero

Reaction score
I just installed new PST 1.03 front bars. I need to pick new springs as the rear is really sagging.

I'm not trying to build a G machine but I would like some solid Road handling. Perhaps maybe even get it on a road track in the future. That's my build goal.

1. Should I stick with PST rear springs, do they match the front spring rate?

2. They offer both a stock ride height and a 1 inch lower right height. Thoughts?

3. I'm probably going to do sharks as well and I'm considering either the billsteins or the fox. For performance road driving what do you think?

I'm not opposed to using other than PST as well, I just figured since I had their front bars they will be able to match the rear springs

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE
Ryan

IMG_2260.JPG

Lower CG is better for handling. If you went HD 1" lower dprings in back you can crank the t-bars down to match. Your heavier bars will help keep the front off the bump stops with the lower height. I have .92 bars on my 68 and cut 1/2" off the front rectangular bump stops on my bandsaw. I can put my finger through the gap. You'll probably get a LOT of opinions so be prepared.

Lower CG is better for handling. If you went HD 1" lower dprings in back you can crank the t-bars down to match. Your heavier bars will help keep the front off the bump stops with the lower height. I have .92 bars on my 68 and cut 1/2" off the front rectangular bump stops on my bandsaw. I can put my finger through the gap. You'll probably get a LOT of opinions so be prepared.

I'm new to the performance automobile handling world, I'm sure it's like barbecue everybody has their own recipe LOL

Willing to take everybody's opinions and experiences and formulate my own sweet ride

I haven't tried the fox shocks yet but I really like the bilstein RCDs. I went with afco brand rear springs part 20230 with 1" drop on my 69 dart. Dustin

Hotchkis have great rear springs. Lowered by 1". Stiff. I like their adjustable fox shocks. Non adj would br great too. Look them up.

I have Bilsteins all the way around, 1.03 tbs and espo Hd stock height leafs. (Using a 1 inch lowering bracket) It handles like a champ.

Since adding the front and rear hellwig sway bars, this thing has become a handling monster, and I am way undersized on tires.

-
Back