Rear Springs

-

ram45red

Reaction score
Getting ready to replace the tired old 7.25 rear with a 8.75 in my Son's 73 Dart Swinger.Rear springs lets car sag bad in the back. What is the best performance spring to replace them on a small block ,auto trans ,street car ? Where is the best place to get them from ?

Getting ready to replace the tired old 7.25 rear with a 8.75 in my Son's 73 Dart Swinger.Rear springs lets car sag bad in the back. What is the best performance spring to replace them on a small block ,auto trans ,street car ? Where is the best place to get them from ?
Order a coupe passenger side springs from Jegs, 312-P4120863, $131.99 each and free shipping.

No one answer. It depends on the rest of the suspension and what the car will be used for.
Normal use, pick a spring with an arch that sits near flat at normal load.
Drag strip use with slicks, a different story - may want arch, definately will want a very stiff front half of the spring.
Don't go stiffer on the rear spring rates without going stiffer on the front anti-roll unless there is a specific reason.

More in this post is my ride height lower than stock?
including link to a source for stock replacements to match an original arrangement.

Espo springs and things provided everything I needed for my formula s at the best price. Great people to deal with and fast delivery.

No one answer. It depends on the rest of the suspension and what the car will be used for.
Normal use, pick a spring with an arch that sits near flat at normal load.
Drag strip use with slicks, a different story - may want arch, definately will want a very stiff front half of the spring.
Don't go stiffer on the rear spring rates without going stiffer on the front anti-roll unless there is a specific reason.

More in this post is my ride height lower than stock?
including link to a source for stock replacements to match an original arrangement.
Car will be more Pro Touring street car than a Drag Car but may see the strip once in awhile.Front suspension has been completely rebuilt and KYB gas shocks front and rear .Drives and rides fine but way too low in the rear. Has a mild factory 318 now but will be changing to a stronger 340 or 360 in the future .I have one of each begging for a rebuild for it .

-
Back