Repairing the hated 95 Olds

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
My 95 Olds Cutlass Sierra STILL does not have 50K. That's 50K. NOT 150K, and NOT 250K, and "it won't make it" to 350K "I would bet"

Maybe it's just mad it was used as a test mule.........

2l8u2xe.jpg

Anyhow, in it's short life, it's already had several failures, keeping in mind it has LESS THAN 50K!!!!

Both rear lock solenoids failed just after warranty.

The brake light switch failed in an "intermittent" mode which ended up ruining a battery (set for about two weeks discharged)

The alternator died at less than 35K

The drivers (electric) window refuses to work most of the time. I've run into THREE other people with these cars who have had troubles with the electric windows and or door locks. One woman I met was in line ahead of me in Carl's Jr, which is how I "knew"---she had to open her door---just like me---to give them the order LMAO

Yesterday, coming home from the grocery store, it started to show "quite warm" on the gauge, and it "seems" that it needs the fan control sensor.

"O Really?" did not have one and claims they want 36 bucks.

This is one of the rare times I actually bought something from no-otto zone. I'll go out in a few and see if I can get the damn thing changed. It's in a REALLY crummy spot.

2l8u2xe.jpg

2l8u2xe.jpg

2l8u2xe.jpg

2l8u2xe.jpg

Last edited:
Umm, maybe you should get a Mopar? I'd recommend 1960's or early to mid-70's, one of the smaller ones like maybe a Dart, Valiant, etc. I hear those are nice cars. :)

Umm, maybe you should get a Mopar? I'd recommend 1960's or early to mid-70's, one of the smaller ones like maybe a Dart, Valiant, etc. I hear those are nice cars. :)

Well it's like computers. You can't put a computer together unless you have a computer that works so you can get on the internet and order parts LMAO. Same thing with cars........havta have something to DRIVE while I'm workin on the Mopar LOL.

Your looking at it all wrong, you now have a collector's vehicle. Sell it as a low mileage collectors item at Barrett Jackson. You are sitting on a gold mine my friend!

My Dad had an '88 Delta 88. He got tired of having to work on it from similar things going on, so he gave it to me. I got tired of working on it for similar things, so I got rid of it. Very nice car when it was good, real pain in the a$$ when it wasn't.

Well the new sender did not change a thing. I'm still convinced it must be a bad sender. When you disconnect the sender both fans come on after a short delay, as they also do when A/C is activated. I topped off the coolant, I don't think I got 1/2 gallon, if that, into it before it was ABsolutely full Heater puts out HOT air, showing me the water pump is working.

Went to NAPA they didn't have one, either. Sposed to have one tomorrow, I'll try one more. (sender)

I had a 90 Pontiac with the trans mounted V6 front wheel drive. The cooling fans would not come on automatically but the AC would thurn them on. If you cant get the sensor working I would put in a switch overide

-
Back