Reservoir Tank - Fender Hole Pattern

-

mydart270

myDart270
Reaction score
More crazy stuff...what is the hole pattern (distance separation) on the driver's side fender flat surface for installation of the white Chrysler reservoir tank? Car is a 1968 Dodge Dart 270 and tank that I purchased on Ebay does not line up w/ pre-drilled holes from the factory.

Reservoir tank I have has 8 1/2 in hole separation and will almost fit existing holes . Fender has not been modified and I think I have a non Chrysler reservoir tank.

Appreciate having the dimensions from a std Chrysler tank that will screw directly onto the fender ledge. Also if anyone has a new/used tank pls provide price and s/h.

Thx...

Brattleboro VT

image.jpeg
My replacement tank did not quite fit either. It was off just a small amount. I used a dremel tool to "slightly" elongate the holes in the tank. I believe that I got my factory style repo at Dante's or Mega Parts , in the $50. Range IIRC. But this is on a '72 Demon.
Yote

Last edited:
I don't believe any of them (OEM or repro) fit "perfect". Very easy to force the new one on there, or slightly modify it to fit.
OEM tolerances for stuff like that seem to be around ±1/8" !

-
Back