Rewiring my EFI Magnum - 1970 Dart Swinger

-
Nice! So nice when you get to see the fruit of your labor. And really cool that you got cruise to work.

I remember putting cruise on a '78 Volare and struggling to get it to work when I discovered the exact same issue; brake light switch needed to be adjusted.

That is so true. It has taken me so much longer than expected to get to this point, I might have gone a little crazy if it didn't work.

I should also mention that 2 of those relays and 2 of those fuses you see in the relay box are for the headlights. I didn't document any of that because it has been documented on FABO many times, but the voltage improvement to the headlights is almost unbelievable.

Before the relays, with the headlights on and the battery at 12.9 volts I was getting 9.5 volts at the headlight. :eek:

Now with the relays, with the headlights on and the battery at 12.6 volts I'm getting 11.1 volts at the headlight.

And this is with all the old wiring and old connectors on the lighting harness, so once I replace that I'm sure I'll be closer to battery voltage. This test was done before I had it running, so it was with the engine off and a battery charger on it. I'm sure when the car is running and the voltage is my car's usual 13.8 - 14.0 the voltage at the headlights would be 12.0 - 12.5. A massive upgrade.

-
Back