RHS Heads .. Not happy.

-
Ck your rocker . Some rockers are longer than others the hughes are short and the harland sharp are the longest I ever seen. The longer the rocker the closer to ex it would be. I know it stinks but I have been down this road with eddie heads.Somebody post pics years ago of a bunch of rockers together and you can see the diff WOW. The shims is normal under the springs as long as its not a bunch.The worst is when you buy a new aluminum head and they cheaply put a shim instead of the req hardened spring cup.

Just change the the length of the push rod...and presto rocker lines right up! A push rod length checker works very good.

Its not the best situation, but lash caps will make it just about as good as it gets.

Lash caps will give the roller a wider foot to press on and bring the roller back to the center of the valve.

I have lash caps on my 540 to get the geometry right (Indy 440-1). I am hoping that one positive with those will be no burr on the valve stem when it is time to disassemble. We'll see.

On my new Indy's on the 416 with the 1.6 Hughes SS rockers it took a shim under the shaft to get the pattern right.

What is the downside to caps? Does oil get under them wnen the lash opens up and close up the lash?

Another ~2 year old thread...

I'd hope the issue was solved by now. :)

Break out the paddles....CLEAR!!!!.....ZAP!!!.....is it alive??

This thread has been dead for almost 2 years....

edit: Got tree'ed by Crackedback...lol.

Nothing wrong with valve caps..... I still run them on some of the X-Brands I build.... :)
I'm With Fish.... SBDart.... Light that candle !!!!!!! Get out and smoke some x-brand... :)

He sells those on Ebay too. I got a kit for my slant head. It set up really nice. you have to take a measurement and give him a number, but he'll tell you how to do it. Real nice guy.

Nothing wrong with valve caps..... I still run them on some of the X-Brands I build.... :)
I'm With Fish.... SBDart.... Light that candle !!!!!!! Get out and smoke some x-brand... :)

Basic E.Q setup,Crane Cams stud conversion. The valve sweep, was lower towards the exhaust side. A basic EMPI Volkswagen 5 millimeter set of lash caps made life so sweet. Made the hours of aggravation ,worth it..

-
Back