Should I paint rims black?

-
Black with caps looks great! :thumbsup:

Cop wheels on my Duster when it was still all “Golden fawn”
img_3619-jpg.jpg

Using plasti-dip on your current rims would be a great way to test it too. Spray them with plasti-dip, run it for a few weeks and decide if you like it. If you don’t, peel off the plasti-dip, no harm no foul. And if you do like it you can leave it on there, or decide if you want to repaint or buy another set of black wheels.

And, it’s your car so do what you like. Who cares if other people like the body color wheels? If you like them black, do that. Personally I think body colored wheels look silly. Black with caps all the way!

How about white. Something different but not too crazy

The lighter colors are so hard to keep clean. If you drive your car much at all white would be a colossal pain in the butt. You’d constantly be cleaning off brake dust.

Not to mention, white is hard to get right. There’s so many different possibilities, one tiny drop of color and it’s a totally different look. Binder paper white would look awful on everything. A slight ivory tone, with the right color car, could look great. But that tone would have to coordinate with the body color to look right. Real easy to miss and have it look weird.

It's your car. Do what you want. IMO, the black wheels look like crap. They have no definition. The raised white letters help, so do the dog dishes. To me, they don't accent the car. They just look like black blobs. They also look like the cheapest idea you could come up with. Cragars would look great on that car, without raised white letters.

[QUOTE="diymirage, post:
and while your at it, take a sledgehammer to the front windshield
maybe run your keys up and down the paint a few times[/QUOTE]

I would paint them for sure just to piss off this DH. It's your car and your money, do what you want to it. I personally would buy four other wheels to do it to.

I always go black steelies for easy of maintenance and the poverty look if it is a blank canvas.
Body color MAY look better to some people.
But they don't have to try and keep them clean on your car.
Dirty butter looks unappetizing.
All that being said, they are already body color.
Why bother?

One more opinion:

First, that's one great looking car you've got there...and I totally hear you on balancing out the color. I think you're on to something there.

Why not just get a second set rather than painting over your matched ones? They're pretty cheap.

Black is too common. So many cars & trucks with black wheels is getting old. Some people i run into also think for some reason they are bad or faster with black wheels. They have seen the tail lights off my beater silver rally dart sport!!:D:steering:

I say leave it .. it looks amazing as is

Black is too common. So many cars & trucks with black wheels is getting old. Some people i run into also think for some reason they are bad or faster with black wheels. They have seen the tail lights off my beater silver rally dart sport!!:D:steering:

Oh yeah?! Just imagine how quick your Sport would be with some proper black wheels!

I know mine has gained upwards of one to three newton meters of thrust when I switched over. :D

View attachment 1715104042

Last edited:
Hey Mr gtx! No offence but i wasnt clear. I mean like alot of late model ford truck & toyota trucks drive around with their lifted black rim trucks thinking they are driving some unbeatable nascar dream machine!! Those are clowns i refer too! Mopars are cool like that however those mopars with 20s not so cool!

HELL NO!!!!!! they look great body color.. would look stupid black..

you want to change it up some buy a set of period correct wheels for it..

I agree 100%. The black wheel thing is way overdone anyway. I love them body color. They look fantastic!

Your car looks fantastic as it is, but if you want change go with period mags I’d say.i have a thing for body colour wheels with caps tho !

-
Back