Show That Lowered A-body!

-
I have a real tough time with the TTI headers and speed bumps. If too tall of speedbump it will always touch no matter how slow I go.

I know what you mean, I was expecting super clearance with these headers haha

Here is my scarcely seen leprechaun

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,241
  • photo 1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,192
  • photo 2 (2).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,205
  • photo 3 (2).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,128
I pretty much have it slammed into the ground further than anybody here, and I gave it that unmistakable rake. Granted, I still have somebody work to finish,( the panel fitment is a bit out of whack, and it needs a 4 wheel alignment. ( It leans a bit.) I think we're pretty much there. And look a sun roof too.
Anybody who needs a few tips on getting that ground pounding stance, I'm more than willing to share the secret, and this can be done on a budget.

Hey man that's our old car
A 100ft oak tree does wonders for the ride height...:eek:ops:

Hey autoxcuda, what re the specs on the wheels and tires you are running in those pics?!

They are Optima Rims. Company went out of business or bought out a couple years ago.

They are 15x9 with 4 1/8 backspace with 245/50/15 BFG Comp T/A. I had to roll front and rear fender lips and push them out a little too. I even added 1/2" spacers to the top fender supports. In the front bottom fender lip I had to bend a 3"x1" section for tire clearance. 4.5" backspace would help clearance a bunch but the 9" wide rims will still require fender rolling and still probably front bottom fender bending/cutting.

I didn't mind making all those clearance mods because I will be moving up to 17x9 rims with 275/40/17 tires. For that setup, I will need the extra room.

I've run the same 245/50/15 tires with 15x8 rallyes rims with 4.5" backspacing. That did not require fender rolling, lipping or cutting. But extremely close to rubbing on front tire to bottom front fender lip.

Both have AirRide

Width and backspacing?
I think it looks awesome

attachment.jpg

I have a real tough time with the TTI headers and speed bumps. If too tall of speedbump it will always touch no matter how slow I go.

Same problem here. I gave myself some extra clearance using these. I hated cutting the TTis but they were already damaged.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,089
Same problem here. I gave myself some extra clearance using these. I hated cutting the TTis but they were already damaged.

I swapped out my collector flange on my TTI's for the ball and socket style and raised the engine/ Transmission 1".

Attachments

• duster%20025.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 998
  • duster%20012.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 994
  • duster%20010.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,008
  • duster%20006.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,113
I swapped out my collector flange on my TTI's for the ball and socket style and raised the engine/ Transmission 3/4".

How much more clearance did this give you? And how did you "raise the engine and transmission" per say?

Since I posted my first images, My suspension has been lowered, and than raised again. I tested this setting, on a blast down a dirt road doing 50 mph, and nothing rubbed. TTI sells 6 degree up angled collectors, right now the car has a rake, once I replace the collectors I can even out the body, but it definitely down now. Amazingly I though the 245 17's up front would need spacers, but nope, and the 275's in the rear are good too.
[ame]http://youtu.be/iHxgz10a29Y[/ame]

Attachments

• 10361323_824523014277539_561476105563241670_n.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,047
How much more clearance did this give you? And how did you "raise the engine and transmission" per say?
I actually ended up raising the driveline closer to 1" that's why I swapped out my collectors to gain some room on the floor pan side. I was able to raise the driveline for the needed ground clearance with special made mounts.

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 025.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 944
Why not? My Dart since I put it back together...

Attachments

• 20150409_090313.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 809
Pam's Jamaican Blu Baby.......low rider

2" drop spindles up front
1" lowering blocks out back.

Attachments

• 100_5446.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 713
  • 100_5432.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 676
Can't figure out why you guys discriminate against us 4 Door Brethren.
Some of the coolest Long Low Rides.

Attachments

• 0514152047a.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 664
great to see all these cars.
I'm not sure how to move pics from the FABO gallery to here, click on this one and see my 67/69. It has coil-overs all around, rack & Pinion steering, truck link in the rear.

great to see all these cars.
I'm not sure how to move pics from the FABO gallery to here, click on this one and see my 67/69. It has coil-overs all around, rack & Pinion steering, truck link in the rear.

vbpgimage.php

apparently you paste the url below the picture in the gallery
WOW love the look. is there no trim around the front and rear windows or is it painted?

also your car just sold me on painting my pillar and window frames non body color.

one more thing the do you have any info on the gas cap?

-
Back