Show That Lowered A-body!

-
It is flat. Flat lacquer. Sprayed by yours truly! Duplicolor quart cans. LOTS of coats, will look awesome with flat black top and stripe!

Thanks for the compliment. :burnout:MT

The flat just makes body lines beautiful. Suits that car very well. I'm considering Hot Rod Flatz in a similar color for my 69 Dart. Never thought about lacquer. How's the upkeep?

What's the slammer model k frame Denny?

On the HDK, the different.models / versions drop the body over the suspension and motor....it was called channeling in the old days (chopped and chanelled) . This effectively lowers the stance....but with the valuable ground clearance required for a car actually driven. Aside from exhaust clearance, the nutsetter is tucking the wheels/tires in far enough to allow turning without ripping the fenders off.

There are several builds with the different versions on FABO already

Versions are available depending on what you are after....all cost the same as the standard HDK.

Slammer.....-1/2"
Super Slammer......-1"
LA Super Slammer.......-2-1/2"

On my tablet now....I can add links later when I reach the laptop.

Yes please! Would love to learn more. How to you achieve the 2 1/2 on the super slammer if the transmission is already super close to the floor? And what's the different in the k member? Really intrigued

On the HDK, the different.models / versions drop the body over the suspension and motor....it was called channeling in the old days (chopped and chanelled) . This effectively lowers the stance....but with the valuable ground clearance required for a car actually driven. Aside from exhaust clearance, the nutsetter is tucking the wheels/tires in far enough to allow turning without ripping the fenders off.

Versions are available depending on what you are after....all cost the same as the standard HDK.

Slammer.....-1/2"
Super Slammer......-1"

Ross worked with me on the R & D (he didn't even charge me)....of course, it has been refined since inception (I am building his third version now...I found a mistake I made and some things I wanted to improve)......the initial test fitting started around page 49

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=117240&page=49

here is another favorite of mine. if I remember correctly, Ryans is the slammer that does not require raising the tunnel.

he switches to the HDK on page 8
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=193210&page=8

Found it "here's the post a few people have been waiting for...... The Final test fit for the "NEW" Super Slammer suspension, everything fit perfect, moved and articulated without any issues plus just plain looks Bad ***. Now for the body modifications to making it all work, I split the inner fenders and added 1 1/2" to give the car travel without bottoming out on the inner fenders, secondly I split the Transmission and driveshaft tunnel again adding 1 1/2" and third raised the Engine/Trans combo 3/4". to give more ground clearance.
If you want to run a 26 1/4" tire up front these modifications should be on your list of things to do unless you want clearance issues.
The cool thing about adding 1 1/2" to the fenders is it now has a perfect spot to 'tuck" a support tube into nice and out of the way.
My custom console arrived it's very nice quality and heavy duty. And what visit would be complete from Denny without another list of modification, this latest one's will be taking a few years off the ol' Duster, making it a real "Muscle Car" (in his words). I agreed with him and now.. 1 more step forward and 2 steps back..more on that later"

That's a little more work than I would like to do at the stage I am at. But, that's still a great option you have!

no sweat....lookin' forward to see your GST installed.

lots of options are good.

Slammer.....-1/2"
Super Slammer......-1"

Wasn't even aware there were different versions. What Do I have?

you have the standard, but the HDX model....

I have the Hemi, or +1/2".....which is 1/2" deeper to accommodate the Hemi under a flat hood.

The flat just makes body lines beautiful. Suits that car very well. I'm considering Hot Rod Flatz in a similar color for my 69 Dart. Never thought about lacquer. How's the upkeep?

I live in San diego and keep it garaged. So far its no problem. I am going to find what I can "wax" it with to protect it better.

Hey who did the vinyl wrap? I'm a few hours north of you but would gladly make the trip to have mine done for that price. Your car looks beautiful, sir. Congratulations on a job well done!

I did it myself. All the door jams and trunk jams are done too, so it does look like paint to the untrained eye

And like I said only $600.00.

Here's some pics. I can only post 1 at a time for some reason

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 673
I did it myself. All the door jams and trunk jams are done too, so it does look like paint to the untrained eye

And like I said only $600.00.

I can see a DIY VINYL WRAP thread upcoming. I'm not to that stage but certainly will be considering it at some point.

-
Back