Show us the keychain on the keys for your a body

-
I had that same key chain come with my 72 Valiant!!

IMG_1101.JPG
The future home for my M-code Dart keys

Keys for my 1962 Valiant V-200 4-door sedan:
keys.jpg

Notice how in 1962 the Chrysler dealer also had to sell Ford and Lincoln-Mercury products in order to stay in business in this small town.

The Dodge Brothers had been a popular car in Placerville in the teens and twenties due to its ruggedness, but during and after the Depression Chrysler really lost sales to Ford and GM here.

Then Chrysler opened a big dealership near here in the '90s, in Shingle Springs (in order not to pay city sales tax), but it had to be shut down by the state tax authorities for not paying registration fees and not transferring titles.

Now the nearest Chrysler dealership is about 20 miles away.

Last edited:
Here's mine...

Dart GT Keys (blocked teeth).jpg

I've always been a Donald Duck fan and a friend gave me the key chain close to 35 years ago.

No pictures of my keychain, but I was wondering how many of you still have the original key code? The keys for my notchback came with a small piece of metal stamped with "Record number and destroy tag," followed by a 6-character key code (presumably to cut a new key without a copy)
That's exactly what that's for.
Not sure a locksmith would have one now, but there is a book that will have that code.
You find the code in the book and there will be a series of numbers 1-5. Those numbers give the cut depth.
A locksmith will then dial those numbers in on a key punch and pop it out.
I happen to own a key punch and a code book.
Unfortunately, the cutter is old and isn't cutting quite right anymore. I can get them cut, but it takes me longer than I want to mess with it.
As for someone saying that people can cut keys on sight, that's true. I can do it. I'm not bragging, it took me a while to learn how, but I've cut a ton of keys over the years and I've picked up a thing or two.

Last edited:
20170707_094214.jpg

Went to see them in concert, bought the key chain before I even had the car, Late 80's if I remember correctly.

-
Back