Show "YOUR, REAL" 383/440 '67-'69 Barracudas...NO CLONES please

-
Not this year, but hopefully some year.
Maybe in 2018 when my car turns 50 and still shows single digits on the odometer.

The one in my avatar, not the BB car. "8 miles, no kidding" is true.
If the BB car had single digits, I couldn't afford it!

I might be there this year. If so will possible bring my survivor MODTOP for sale. She deserves to go into a public museum for display and all to see.

I might be there this year. If so will possible bring my survivor MODTOP for sale. She deserves to go into a public museum for display and all to see.
Cool let me know, I would love to see it

Man, that car is a beauty!!! How did you find one with 8 miles on it?
Pure luck.
Talking cars at a new job back in 2003, and one of the guys knew of this car and knew the family that owned it for years. It sat in the dealership in Holdrege, NE until 1984 when the owner passed away (I have pictures supporting this). One thing led to another and a week later I went to Texas to pick it up, with 6.9 miles on the odometer. Show car trailer queen since 1984.

Here is my 1969 A57 Fastback 'cuda. 383 4-Speed, B5/B5, Bench Seat without arm rest, and no fold down rear seat.

10338482_10152901592037918_409790236209208403_o.jpg

ALL NEW GYC.JPG

Here's my #'s matching 69 Formula S 383 4 speed. I'm having a shake in first gear at standing stop issue right now with it.

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Here is my 1969 A57 Fastback 'cuda. 383 4-Speed, B5/B5, Bench Seat without arm rest, and no fold down rear seat.

View attachment 1714932364

View attachment 1714932365

cuda dad... looking forward to seeing your car on graveyard carz this season!! hope "mr. worman" gets to your car soon and saves all the parts. the last pics i saw of it at his shop, one of his workers was carrying around the engine and k-member with a fork lift... hope the car comes out looking great...

trying to put pics back..................GUESS that ain't workin?????????????????/

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome. Gotta get this clutch chatter deal figured out so I can really enjoy it. That is driving me nuts trying to resolve. I've got a drivers seat cover to install but that's it for the interior, BTW that is original yellow as well. This car was for sale on A Bodies for a while last year. I added the 15" small bolt Cragars, fixed the brakes and have got her running like a top. Power front drums with power steering. console 4 speed. Engine was balanced and blue printed. When right, this car should flat boil the tires.

Pics from today down at the lake. Seems the old pics are trash!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_2711.JPG

Last edited:
Daves69,

Looks nice! B5?

Almost did the six pack scoop but chickened out in the end opting for stock.

BTT.....anyone with more REAL BB cars????????????

Based on the posts thus far can we assume the value of our cars went up by 20K? Wishful thinking anyhow!!!

Based on the posts thus far can we assume the value of our cars went up by 20K? Wishful thinking anyhow!!!

My guess is that there isn't many original 383 cars still out there based on the very low production #'s.

Daves69,

Looks nice! B5?

Almost did the six pack scoop but chickened out in the end opting for stock.

I got a wild hair and did the scoop a few years back trying to get some of the look it had at one time.
So yeah, B5 on half of it. Previous owner smacked someone with it, hence the white nose today. It's an old lacquer job that was done late '70s prior to me owning it and shows the age. For a short while it had a '67 nose job until I bought the white '69 stuff. It's done a lot of waiting around for other priorities and collecting parts.
Starting to mess with it here lately though. Pulled the carpet out last week. Ya' understand "gag a maggot", lol.

image.jpg
This is my original 67 383, 4spd, bench seat notch. Not very original right now but I have everything but the #motor(gone back in the 80's). Was original sunfire yellow then b5 blue, now sunset pearl

-
Back