Slant 6 Racer's Reunion 2018

-

robsimmons

Slant 6 Drag Racer
Reaction score
We are putting together a Racer's Reunion and Slant 6 get together in Clay City, KY next year.

It will be the 20th Anniversary of the first official Slant 6 Drag Race at Clay City.

The event will be part of the Monster Mopar Weekend at Mountain Park Dragway in either September or October 2018.

We will be keeping things updated over on slantsix.org: Slant Six Forum, :: View topic - Clay City 2018 - Racer's Reunion!!!

If you're interested in attending or just want more information you can post here or on slantsix.org or PM me.

Boy I sure miss racing with you guys.Dumbest thing I ever did was sell my Dart(s). I hope to be back in the game soon. I have been thinking of putting a Slant in the Valiant that I have now(or build a Slant B body drag car.) This gives me almost a year to get my S*%t together. Gotta sell something first.

The Slant 6 folks are a great bunch of people. Very much a family sport with them.
We dare to be different and have a great time doing it.
We would love to have you there. You’ve got a year to prepare!

I’m finally pulling my ‘81 Challenger out to get ready for 2018.

AC58C149-23C6-4B2F-BE5C-8E2D7DB7E90D.jpeg

I would love To go to the race and actually have a car to race. Does anyone have a 65 Valiant two door post car that has a slant that they aren't using? Even better yet, anyone have a slant six drag car that they are No longer using that they could sell me. An early A body is preferred.

I'm planning on being here, with my 65 Valiant 170 turbo, and 66 Valiant 225 nitrous. Maybe, if things go OK, my 64 Valiant altered wheelbase. I have drivers lined up.

I have two other slant cars, from Florida interested in going.
Like to have a good showing from Florida. Any one else interested in a caravan?

Last edited:
We already have enough pledges from fellow racers, sponsors and the typical track payout for a $1500 purse, but our goal is to gather enough support to offer a$2,000 purse to the winner of the Saturday race!!

Add to that $600 for Runner Up and $200 for the Semi-Finalists and our goal is $3,000. If we are able to gather more support we will pay further down the ladder as well.

You can run your street slant. It is bracket style. Also working to have a slant six only class for the car show.
Everyone is welcome, whether to race, spectate or show. We want to make this the biggest slant six gathering, ever.

You can run your street slant. It is bracket style. Also working to have a slant six only class for the car show.
Everyone is welcome, whether to race, spectate or show. We want to make this the biggest slant six gathering, ever.
Well I currently don’t even have a running slant car but I have 2 4 door Valiant’s and one has a slant in it so I’m gonna see what I can do with it in the next year.

Well I currently don’t even have a running slant car but I have 2 4 door Valiant’s and one has a slant in it so I’m gonna see what I can do with it in the next year.

There you go. Just get it running reliably, and try for the money. It is looking like we will have as good a payout as any other class, with less entry fee. Keep watching for updates.

I'm a couple hours North of you in Brandenburg. You don't have to make it pretty or fast. Just get it running and come race with us! That's what is so cool about the Slant 6 folks. We are very down to earth. It will be great to have you there!

This is copied from slant six dot org.
Just a couple quick updates on the purse for the race.

"First time Slant 6 racers will get in FREE!!

Just see Rob Simmons at the race and he will give your $30 entry fee back to you.

We will pay back $10 to all first round losers.

(Paybacks for first, second, third round losers will increase as contributions come in)

If you want to send a contribution toward the purse through Paypal you can send it to:

robsimmons67@yahoo.com

I will be keeping track of all contributions and share the information with Lou and Rick for full transparency.

Any questions, comments or suggestions are welcome. You can post them here or PM us if you prefer.

We are up to $1,650 of our $3,000 goal.
(The Rookie entrance fees and 1st Round Paybacks are a separate fund.
icon_wink.gif
) "

How's that for a deal?

^^^^^^^^ Like I said these are a great bunch of guys(and gals) that are Slant fans.Heck I raced my stone stock 63 Valiant 170 a few years ago.Broke into the low 20's at 68 MPH !!!! You don't have to be fast to win .

Things are looking good for this event! Contributors are coming on board and more racers are adding their names to the list.
Will Burns plans to have his turbo 67 Barracuda there and may likely show us the first ever 8 second doorslammer pass!
Lots of cool cars are going to be there. Don’t miss out on this opportunity. It’s going to be the biggest Slant 6 gathering ever!

The Slant 6 Forum is down for maintenance, but things are progressing well for the race and reunion. Another contributor came on board to put us at almost 2/3 of our goal for the $3,000 purse.
Many racers are working on their cars over the winter. We are shooting to have a 30 car field for the Slant 6 class. That would make this the biggest gathering of Slant 6 race cars ever assembled.
Don’t miss out. Come and run with the Slants!

I'm interested. I won't race, but seriously thinking about coming. A lot will depend on my situation at the time.

It will be great to have you there.

Have you raced with us before? Your screen name looks very familiar.

I talked to Scotty Richardson from Mountain Park Dragway and the race date looks like it will be the first weekend in September.

Oh wait! Stella!?!? :)

If you have Stella you HAVE to come!! Chase would love to see her again.
I still have her!
The slant was replaced and the new slant was completely rebuilt. There's been a few other things done too.
I hope to have the front suspension rebuilt by then.
But I can't commit to anything right now. But it's on my short places to go next year.

-
Back