Slant six carb help

-

downsr

Reaction score
I have a slant six with a holley 600 model 80457-2 with vac secondarys and 64 primary jets.I was going to change carbs since it is to much carb for the engine . I have decided to unhook the vac secondarys and jet the carb down as one member suggested instead of changing everything. My question is what size jets should I try.Did any of these engines have 2 barrel holleys and what where there jet sizes

You might want to address this on slantsix.org as well. There are many slant gurus on that forum who are likely to have experience with your setup.

No, 2bbl Holleys were not used on Slant-6 engines as factory equipment, and the jet sizing on the № 2280 carb Holley offered as a service replacement for the Carter BBD doesn't relate to your carb.

(You're still going to be much better off putting an appropriate 2bbl carb on your engine)

Jetting down the carb isn't necessarily the answer. I've found that you often need to richen the jets with an oversized carb to make it work in a situation where it isn't quite the right fit for the engine. I also feel that disconnecting the secondaries is a waste of time because they don't open if the engine doesn't need them anyway, just my opinion.

The guy is not home right now will not be home for a month

Last edited:
-
Back