some exhaust improvements :)

-

rabius75

Reaction score
i got a flowmaster 40 series for my car today. it took me a while and a bit of rigging to get it on, but i really wanted to hear it. it sounds cool. really aggressive..
i got it on, and went for a ride, on the way home, i found out the hard way i hadnt tightened the clamps enough... suddenly my car was ten times louder and i saw my $80 worth of muffler bouncing behind me...
well, i turned around, pulled over, ran out in the road and kicked it out of the lane... i wasnt gonna pick it up, i could feel the heat before i got to it...
me and my friends just stood around with it behind my car... spit on it, damn, thats hot still... smoked a cigarette, cleared out my trunk and threw it in the spare tire well... got home (it was less than a mile from my house..) and took it out. i waited a while, and put it back on, and this time, i made SURE the clamps were TIGHT. fixed a little leak in the pipe between the soon to be 86'd cat and the muffler, too.

it sounds awesome. but its loud. im not sure how a 4 door valiant impresses people with a rumble in the exhaust, but i like it, and my friends like it, so it doesnt matter. next is the rust panels and paint job, when i finally get my damn visa checkcard.. should be monday..

There's so much to learn in a short period of time... I'm glad I don't have to go through all of those mistakes that 18 year olds make. Learning is hard! :roll:

-
Back