spark plug e3

-
In my own opinion you could do yourself a favor and not fall for the marketing hype and use a good standard plug like NGK or Champion.
I'm not just pushing what I like, but what works every time all the time.

In my own opinion you could do yourself a favor and not fall for the marketing hype and use a good standard plug like NGK or Champion.
I'm not just pushing what I like, but what works every time all the time.
thanks

Just marketing. Bosch has 4 electrodes ! yeehah ! Oh and cost 2 bucks less.

Once again it's time to post the "reliving history.........."

J.C. Whitney/ Warshosky "fire injectors...................."

img_4418-jpg.jpg

nwdjs9.jpg
'

Bear in mind this stuff has been around.......literally.......since the age of the Model T Ford

541865-pre-70s-spark-plug-change-interval-self-indexing-turbo-fan.jpg

The cool thing is......if you put enough of this junk on your car......pretty soon you can stop and siphon out the extra gas!!

2225499299_5eb4b85c5c_m.jpg
[/img]

When your done putting in your E3 plugs you can drive to Bigfoot sightings & hunt for the Loc Ness monster. Stock plugs are fine.

Oh, brother, not this crap again!

Nothin' new under the sun. Wayyyy back in the days of gas price wars that started at 29¢/gallon and went downward from there, JC Witless had full-page ads hollering RUN YOUR CAR WITHOUT SPARK PLUGS! Back then they called 'em "fire injectors" rather than "pulse plugs", but the claims, hype, handwaving and pseudoscience were remarkably similar.

The E3 is nothing new or groundbreaking (and the claim that "the spark plug hasn't changed since 1904" is idiotic), but I had to give them credit for at least having a fair amount of valid science on their site. I called them up — it was almost impossible to find their phone number; they've worked very hard to keep it hidden. It's nowhere on their site (or at least it wasn't when I looked), and they've left it off their domain registration's whois info. I did find it, though, and spoke to the guy who answered the phone. He claims the plug was designed by Champion's retired head spark plug engineer from the 1960s, who oversees production of the plugs...in China...by a subcontractor of a subcontractor. Whee, are we havin' fun yet?

The laws of physics do not bend for the marketeers of scammy spark plugs that are claimed to do the physically impossible, but the laws of profit heavily favor con artists who prey on the general public's lack of knowledge of things like electricity. Automakers spend enormous sums of money to squeeze every last possible bit of fuel economy and efficiency from their engines. If these bogus "magic" spark plugs did even a little bit of what they're claimed to be, you would see them as original equipment.

Spend way less money and get uch better results: buy a set of appropriately-chosen NGKs.

The other thing about E-3's is, for Mopars, they have one plug to fit all 3/4 reach. So my slant six uses the same plug as a 340 and a gen2 Hemi. Ya right...

Last edited:
anyone use the e3 spark plugs?
any good
Yes we did test them.

We did back-to-back dyno tests with the E3 plugs vs NGK. If I remember correctly there was a 1 HP average gain with the E3 from 3,000-6,000 rpm in a 600 HP small block. Well within the margin of error on the dyno readouts. I will continue to use the NGK.

Last edited:
years ago when Splitfire plugs came out I tested them on many cars and they didn't make a blind bit of difference. Apart from the Rover A series and B series engines (old Mini and MGB) where they would always improve horsepower by about 3 or 4hp. on a small engine that is a lot. I swapped plugs back and forth on some engines multiple times to make sure it wasn't rolling road errors and every time the Splitfire plug gave more horsepower.

needless to say we recommended for the MGB and MINI the Splitfire plug.

never found any other four cylinder (not many V8s in the UK) engines it worked on and came to the conclusion it must be something to do with the combustion chamber shape that preferred these plugs?

as for the E3 plug there does seem to be a lot of extra metal shoved into the combustion chamber in the form of the ground electrode. not sure if I would trust that?

Years ago when I had money to blow I tried E3's in my 5.9 Ram for about a year and there was zero mpg difference. Splitfire's on the other hand I ran them in my 2.2 Horizon and picked up a good 4mpg.

When the Splitfires first came out, I was given a set. I put them in a 1973 Ford Maverick that burned oil and fouled the Autolites about every 1-2 weeks before I pulled them out and cleaned them. The Splitfires would last almost a month before knocking the burned oil off. Other then that, I noticed no difference.

If you ever changed the plugs on the old Mazda RX7s, you have seen the NGKs with the multiple electrodes
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJVIJO_oPQmAttwVj1HMS1xk8p7k5Sl-p6jIx6t0Kkiny8OFSE.jpg
, and the new design.
rx7_sp_6.jpg

Hey those new NGK's look like those 1955 SA fire injectors ..?

-
Back