Spring Fling 36 Apr 20 & 21, 2024 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

-
I am so happy I went to the spring fling, I scored the Holy Grail of 64-66 Dart convertible parts - the header seal retainer! It wasn't perfect, but 10x better than what was left of mine.

I picked up a few other knick nacks and gained a lot of resources for other parts.

I am so happy I went to the spring fling, I scored the Holy Grail of 64-66 Dart convertible parts - the header seal retainer! It wasn't perfect, but 10x better than what was left of mine.

I picked up a few other knick nacks and gained a lot of resources for other parts.

That's how it's done !!! Great job!

Get out there and make it happen.

Did you drive up you Dart Conv yesterday?

Best of Show Winners

Spring Fling 36

April 20-21, 2024

Congratulations !!!

SF24 BOS Winners Names.jpg

Sold a few parts and bought a few. Camping out at the park with our newly acquired diesel pusher was great Friday night. Early this morning, however, was a different story (not the fault of CPW or anybody else associated with the show). We had a knock on the door at 3:30. LAPD. Seems a guy had snuck in and was aggressive with security. They called PD and the guy left, but then came back (parked next to us in a GMC pickup). PD thought he might be in our RV, but when I didn't fit the description they pretty much left. Turns out the guy was hiding behind a big tree about 50' away. Security found him after we suggested they look over there. Then the guy took off and didn't return. Theory was that he was there to steal parts for scrap. He had a truckload of aluminum...

Last edited:
Oh, and walked through our front door right about 6pm. All in all a very good weekend. Spent a lot of time talking with friends and looking for parts. It did seem like turnout was low, but people were buying...

Sold a few parts and bought a few.
sold a fair amount, so well pleased with that. by some miracle i only bought $150 worth of parts!

i also some how avoided the siren song of the end of day desperate parts sellers trying to adios big dumb stuff at rock bottom prices so they don't have to load it back up!

I bought:
Pair of 1967 273 four barrel valve covers - $200
1968-69 340 intake - $80
New Mopar offset master cylinder adapter - $50
Cruise control turn signal stalk - $25

Parts are still in the basement of the RV. Might be there for a while as they aren't in the way in there.

Got my Mopar fix on Sunday. Picked up a couple things. Nice to meet Jim Lusk, and Wife and Junkyardhero. Couple of cool cats. :)

PS: Jim, my buddy ended up picking up those 383 A body manifolds for the $1500 asking price. The guy wasn't budging, but they are a very special set.

Glad you and the Misses are safe. Sorry you had to deal with the riff raff, thieves everywhere nowadays.

Son bought a few parts
Door sills , valiant grills , great deals compared to eBay and such. Left midnight on Saturday sleeped for a few hours at hotel then went home Saturday. Had a great time. Really need to stop being so anti social:( love seeing all the cars and had good fun with the kid.

Later Dodge A-bodies:

68 GTS 383 4spd for sale for $48K

Don't know what they were asking on the Blue 68 GTS hardtop??

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

Last edited:
We drove down from Washington in my silver 67 Belvedere. Really enjoyed the show and bought a few things in the swap. We’ll run show with lots of great cars. Already planning for next year. We put about 3000 miles on the Belvedere so it now has 23,000 original miles on it.

IMG_3679.jpeg

New video by Jesse Garza
We drove down from Washington in my silver 67 Belvedere. Really enjoyed the show and bought a few things in the swap. We’ll run show with lots of great cars. Already planning for next year. We put about 3000 miles on the Belvedere so it now has 23,000 original miles on it.

View attachment 1716241321

Great meeting you. Hope to see you next year !!

Sounded like you found some cool parts too.

-
Back