"stall converters". Is it just me?

-
it's only worth what someone will pay

DUH!

I (or my uncle) had one exactly like that only this was different...and this.....and this.....

I used to say my car had a "cam and intake" when I was a dumb kid. My shop teacher hated it!
It goes with other things too..."hot water heater". It's a water heater. Why do you need to heat hot water? "Duck tape" . (Yes there is a brand that calls itself that) . Air conditioning "duck"...

I used to say my car had a "cam and intake" when I was a dumb kid. My shop teacher hated it!
It goes with other things too..."hot water heater". It's a water heater. Why do you need to heat hot water? "Duck tape" . (Yes there is a brand that calls itself that) . Air conditioning "duck"...
“What’s the vin number on your car?” Or “I’m sorry sir, our card machine doesn’t work, you’ll have to enter the PIN number” or “atm machine”

So i turn wrenches for a living, diagnose dead cars and fix impossible electrical issues.
As far as “stall convertors” and camshafts im at a loss. I dont have the memory left for all the go fast voo doo to carry on an intelligent conversation with a high performance engine builder.
I can tear something down to bits and pieces,find the failed /failing parts and put them back together.
Im school of hard knocks educated and can tell when someone is full of themselves or something else.
I do know a gentleman that needs no manuals for 60’s or 70’s mopars. He knows his stuff and it blows me away every time i visit.

So, i understand your frustrations, but i think its widespread in so many aspects of life.

"Doesn't run, needs quarters, rust in frame, no title.
Asking $10,000 FIRM.
I have that much in it."

Saw one like that once, bills to show, most were gas and some oil changes.

That's what you get for driving around with a bad tranny.

"That's what you get for driving around with a bad tranny."

Do you mean this bad "tranny"?

obama-in-drag.jpg

that's a pretty bad tranny alright

Talking to a guy about his engine. He said, "i might put a stall in it"
Bathroom stall, horse stall?
or what's your oil pressure? "43 pounds". Or "there's 10 pounds of air in that tire".
Some might ask, what difference does it make? you know what the guy is talking about, Right? Yeah, why do most of the public think that vintage car owners or mechanics "grease monkeys" are redneck idiots? I think we owe it to the hobby and industry to run the 'high road'.

^^THIS^^ It's just slang. I'm 69, "they" were using that term when I first got interested as a kid. There is worse today.....

"Cambered............." fer xample.........

That car is so Chit ....:wtf:

-
Back