Stall swap in a 727

-

kc0r8y

Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting ready to drop the 727 in my 69 Dart and do a stall swap. I'm sure it's pretty straight forward, but with the available resources available I always like to double check the process. Anyone have a basic step by step or any advise for this please?
The car has a reverse manual VB with a trans brake.

Thanks
Ken

Really, your best option is going to be to call and tell them what you have and want out of it and how you want to drive the car.
Putting it in:
Slide it onto the input shaft supporting it's weight while turning it and you should feel two definite clunks as it seats.
You will be able to tell if it's all the way in because you won't be able to get your fingers between it and the pump on the trans.
It's also easy to tell when you put it up to the motor the converter will have to be pulled forward to bolt up to the flex plate.

( The pump bushing and seal really should be changed at the same time, but I know a lot of people that didn't and got away with it.)

Hope that's what you meant. :D

Really, your best option is going to be to call and tell them what you have and want out of it and how you want to drive the car.
Putting it in:
Slide it onto the input shaft supporting it's weight while turning it and you should feel two definite clunks as it seats.
You will be able to tell if it's all the way in because you won't be able to get your fingers between it and the pump on the trans.
It's also easy to tell when you put it up to the motor the converter will have to be pulled forward to bolt up to the flex plate.

( The pump bushing and seal really should be changed at the same time, but I know a lot of people that didn't and got away with it.)

Hope that's what you meant. :D

Just made this mistake with mine, didn't quite get the TC seated. Dropping out the trans now...

Just made this mistake with mine, didn't quite get the TC seated. Dropping out the trans now...

That stinks.
If it ran like that at the very least the pump should be pulled and inspected.
I won't give you the whole possible disastrous list of possibilities unless you want them.

-
Back