Stolen 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon DFW Texas

-
Hyper_pak;
Washington is a long ways from Texas but I am keeping my eyes posted for any sign of your car or its parts up here.
~Michael

The detective should give you a baseball bat and 15 minutes alone with the dude...

I hope you get your sweet wagon back.

Paul

Thanks for the support and the look out.
I went to the impound lot this morning and was able to recover my tool box, my winch, some tie downs and some other odds and ends. The officer, Steve Smith Dallas Auto Theft Task Force, indicated that the dude was in jail but not talking. I am afraid that the colt body has been scrapped and the Lancer? It seems more and more distant every day. I feel sorry for the old girl, she thought she had a new lease on life.

I sure am sorry. Still hopin and prayin.

I wish you luck.

Maybe if you got with the prosecutor and offered to go lenient if he turned the car over? I know I wouldnt want to do that but if it would get the car back...

SinCe he got caught this fairly quickly, I assume he isnt a professional.

I have been looking in the South MS and LA area also and have not seen anything pop up but I will keep looking and I will most diffently look at the swap meets durng Cruising the Coast here in Oct.

I bet the thief has it hidden somewhere till he gets out. Don't give up. It seems if he is stupid enough to get caught right away he is not smart enough to have the right connections to get it out of the country that quickly. My guess is it is in a girlfriends garage or a storage shed somewhere.

Good luck

Did the police go to his house? His work place? You should be able to get his name and his adda and place of work. Then I would let him know that I know about his information. Don't do him no harm but let him know it can happen at a time you chose.
Their is no reason to steal.

Did the police go to his house? His work place? You should be able to get his name and his adda and place of work. Then I would let him know that I know about his information. Don't do him no harm but let him know it can happen at a time you chose.
Their is no reason to steal.

don't know all the deal. here is what they have told me. he is in jail with 10 grand theft charges. they are going after him on the cadylacks and stovebolt trucks. told me if they get it done he will have 2, 10 year terms with no parole. if they go after him on the wagon, its like 2 years and he won't serve 6 months. had a message from another detective today and he said still no more info. the only way they found my trailer was with another stolen plate on it. they ran the plate and found out it was my stolen trailer. my trailer was new, only moved the wagon to texas, never unloaded it, there were a hundred tire tracks on the plywood floor where dude was running cars in and out.

This is the 1st I read of this ..

I hope the car is still in 1 piece , sad

I'll be looking for it around DFW ..HOPE you find it

Crap! It sounds like this guy had a bigger operation than I thought he might. Still that pretty wagon will stand out wherever it goes.

Again, good luck, and don't give up.

damn it man im still looking for it we have the mopars at the park coming up soon if he knew what it was then it will turn up u will find it im loookin in tulsa

any updates on you wagon? I will be looking hard here over the nexty couple of weeks Cruising the Coast will kick off next week

Hyper-Pak,
I feel for you. My 69 Dart was stolen in front of my house in Atlanta in 1994. Seven years later, the Marietta cops found the license plate on a stolen Jetta and said the driver was charged with many crimes. I had just put a rebuilt engine and transmission in and it ran perfect. Still ticks me off. What really irked me is some people's comments. One jerk coworker said "Dodge Dart? You should thank the thief". The twerp drove a Civic.

I put up a story on this at moparts to see if it would help.

The Mopar Family is second to none. I can't thank all these people enough for what you have done and are doing to help me. To over use a saying, It's a MOPAR thing, you wouldn't understand. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sad thing for me is going to swap meets, meeting really nice honest hard working folks while I am looking for my stolen stuff. I am thankful when I leave that I didn't find my stuff. The "hobby" part of this deal are great people, there are always elements in life that are the bad parts.

And for anyone who had something stolen, it is a sick sick feeling. Sorry.

Hey hyper, just an idea, but I just read my Mopar Collectors guide and they were talking about thieves at swap meets etc... and they mentioned that they would love to help people out with stuff that has been stolen....you should give them a call!! Good luck!

This sickens me, this thread should come with a life-like ballistic gel theif and a louisville slugger. I checked GA craigslist and no sign. But I will put in a notice to the NE GA Mopar Club. Scum like this deserves to be strung up by their toenails and stun gunned in their genitals. I bet it will turn up. This scumbag got caught, so I'm sure he has it hidden somewhere. A Lancer and a Slant six are not things that are easy to get rid of. Even to Mopar guys. No offense. I love it. Just most Mopar guys aren't big slant or wagon fans

thers a 62 wagon with aluminum slant 6 for sale on this board,,,not your car,,but,,,an aluminum slant 6 ,,im sure there not that easy to find

-
Back